VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Jeremy Bandy at Harvard?

Author:
Yale OL
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:41:40 02/12/18 Mon
In reply to: Hawk196 's message, "Re: Jeremy Bandy at Harvard?" on 10:16:53 02/12/18 Mon

Tell me more about your impression of him Hawk196. He physically reminds me of Matt Patricia.

I would going from Harvard to Assumption has to hurt in the wallet as well

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Jeremy Bandy at Harvard?

Author:
Hawk196
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:04 02/12/18 Mon

as great of a school Harvard is their camps/recruiting made my son's decision to accept Yale very easy. I wasn't the only one as I met other parents who raved about Dartmouth's but were disappointed in Harvard's camp.

Net/net...meat market. Other camps had something for "prospects" parents to do, like tour the school or even just the athletic facilities, but there was an air of arrogance displayed there and you just cooked on those stadium concrete slabs.

My personal experience with Coach Bandy was limited and I was unimpressed. They recruited my son at his high school and met with him a couple of times, told him to keep taking the SATs and to come to a camp.
After a 3.5 hour drive to Harvard and the cattle call that was registration. They proceeded to teach my son and the other "campers"(more on that later) how to get in a stance (silly) and other techniques.

Now to the other "campers", lots of 9th and 10th graders who clearly shied away (some down right scared) of my son in drills. I don't blame them, Harvard should've separated the "camp kids" from the prospects. Of the 4 "chances" for Coach Bandy to see my son, 2 of those he had his back to him and the other 2 the "camp kids" literally turned away from contact.

When it was over I went to Coach Bandy to politely express my disappointment with the "competition" my son had in his drills. He said he had no control of who comes to the camps, to which my reply was to have one of his current player square off in a few drills with my son. I guess he didn't like my suggestion and said they would be in touch....never heard from them again.

At the end of the day my son made a great choice with Yale and maybe its Karma that Harvard hasn't beat Yale since my son went there....LOL

Moral of the story for us...go to the ones(schools) that want you....and for those College recruiters, 6'3" and 270lbs "tough guy" from a top high school program is better than some 6'5" 300lbs "softy" from some run of the mill programs

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Jeremy Bandy at Harvard?

Author:
Yale OL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:13 02/12/18 Mon

Interesting information indeed. Thanks so much for sharing!
Glad you son is a Bulldog to!

Author:
IvyFan35
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:17 02/12/18 Mon

Can definitely agree on the arrogance of he Harvard staff. Through experience they are extremely arrogant and rely simply on the fact that the name of their school was Harvard. Bandy embodied this philosophy and would even openly admit it.

Author:
IvyFan35
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:08 02/12/18 Mon

Great point that coaches should take 6'3 280 lb lineman with the right qualities over a 6'5 300 lb without them. For an OL, I would argue that football IQ, toughness, work ethic, leverage, flexibility, and functional power are much more important than simply an extra inch or two.sadly most coaches will trade anything for height

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Jeremy Bandy at Harvard?

Author:
Hawk196
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:22 02/12/18 Mon

now as a sophomore...6'4" 300lbs....swing and a miss by Bandy....only an hour to Yale vs 3.5 hours, so I'm happy

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Hawk's son

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:57 02/12/18 Mon

...and we are happy to have him, especially as he is poised to become a stalwart of the O-Line for the next couple of years!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Hawk's son

Author:
Hawk196
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:16 02/13/18 Tue

Thanks voy for the nice words!

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Hmmm

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:02 02/13/18 Tue

only 6'4 300 LBer is this guy http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/bios/eiselen_dieter_etusand
I know that S Africa is further away then that

(it wasn't too hard to figure out who your son is Hawk might want to cut down on the personal info IMHO)

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Hmmm

Author:
Hawk196
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:45 02/13/18 Tue

Oh he is that big, rosters aren't always accurate.

I don't see why I have to cut down, these are my opinions, not his....I was telling it like it is, maybe Bandy would still be at Harvard if he was good at evaluating talent.

No need to figure it out as I was upfront (and proud) last year

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: obviously you are free to do

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:15 02/13/18 Tue

what ever the heck you want as I said it was just my opinion and you know what they say about them

Good Luck to your son see you in New Haven this fall

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Then again

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:38 02/13/18 Tue

If people don't post info, we won't be able to track down the LFL veterans working Ivy games as referees.

:)

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Then again

Author:
Lari
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:49 02/14/18 Wed

Nice.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.