VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Dartmouth Lands Florida Gator QB Transfer

Author:
Diogenes
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:28:43 06/02/18 Sat
In reply to: Jack Hatfield 's message, "Dartmouth Lands Florida Gator QB Transfer" on 09:06:37 06/02/18 Sat

According to an April, 2018 article in seccountry.com:

“Allen was the odd man out in the Gators’ quarterback competition, rotating in behind redshirt sophomores Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask as well as freshman early enrollee Emory Jones in the Spring game Saturday.”

The seccountry.com article goes on to say that Florida is switching to a spread offense and that Allen posted “...because the offense is not the right fit for me, and because I want to continue to pursue my dream to play in the NFL, I am now seeking other opportunities to play football and am opening up my recruitment.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: If memory serves...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:15 06/02/18 Sat

Penn's Gavin Hoffman transferred from Northwestern for pretty much the same reason (i.e., coaching change and different offensive scheme).

He ended up doing pretty well for the Quakers.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Hoffman was the starting quarterback at Northwestern

Author:
Diogenes (Go Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:13:35 06/02/18 Sat

Hoffman started all 12 games for Northwestern in 1998, passing for over 2,000 yards He transferred to Penn when the coach left, a new coach was hired and he was not the starting QB coming out of Spring practice. Hoffman was an excellent starter at Northwestern and at Penn.

Hopefully, Allen will be a fine QB for Dartmouth and benefit greatly from his Dartmouth education. However, comparing a starting Big Ten QB to a fourth string redshirt freshman who has never played a game of college football is a bit much, don’t you think?

[> [> [> [> Subject: I take it that you aren't aware of NW's record that year

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:32 06/02/18 Sat

Saying that he was a starting Big 10 QB is technically accurate.

The guess here is that he would have been a bit lower on the depth chart his freshman year if he was at a middle-of-the-pack Big 10 team or better.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.