VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: woah

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:34:55 06/02/18 Sat
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Re: Dartmouth Lands Florida Gator QB Transfer" on 10:54:10 06/02/18 Sat

I am thrilled we got him but that doesn't mean he is immediately anointed the starter. He will need time to learn playbook so unless he spends the summer in Hanover he is going to be way behind the three other guys. What also concerns me is the statement about the spread offense is not a good fit for him. Last time I checked Dartmouth ran the spread. So we will see.

The favorites are Yale and Princeton in my book. It will be interesting to see if Brevin "Whizzer" White has an immediate impact even with "gotta" Lovett returning.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: woah

Author:
Diogenes (holtsledge)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:26 06/02/18 Sat

There’s a good bit on the Web regarding Mr. Allen which I’m sure his new teammates are reading with great interest. One interesting fact is that he committed to Florida after finishing his sophomore year at Cardinal Gibbons High School. He then transferred from Cardinal Gibbons to St. Thomas Aquinas High School for his junior and senior years of football.

Hopefully he’ll take Holtsledge’s advice, decamp to Hanover and have four great years of Ivy education and football.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Dartmouth's Summer Term starts in mid-June, so Allen, if he enrolls....

Author:
Jack Hatfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:56 06/03/18 Sun

...would have a full summer to work out on campus with a large cohort of his teammates and to learn the playbook. We'll know soon enough if that's the plan.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Enroll early and often.

Author:
Diogenes (Jack Hatfield)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:53 06/03/18 Sun

Let’s hope he takes your advice. Incidentally, or perhaps not so incidentally, according to the Internet he missed the latter part of his high school junior season because of a back injury and took his freshman redshirt at Florida due to an operation on his foot just before the season started. The Internet is often wrong, but that’s what out there.

Yale had a qb transfer from Nebraska that worked out well as did Penn’s qb from Northwestern. On the other hand, as has been so aptly pointed out, Columbia had Florida and Stanford transfer qb’s who didn’t get the job done.

I wish the best for Mr. Allen and for Dartmouth.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: FWIW

Author:
Dartmouth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:20:37 06/04/18 Mon

Dartmouth has had several QB transfers, and none have made an impact for various reasons (injury, couldn't beat out teammate, etc.).

Allen seems to have the best credentials of the bunch though.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Whoops

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:31 06/04/18 Mon

I was the guy who made the "FWIW" post. Got to drink my coffee before posting on Monday mornings....

[> [> [> Subject: Re: woah

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:01:03 06/02/18 Sat

Nice reference to "Whizzer" White, one of truly great collegiate athletic to professional career arcs of all time.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.