VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy TV schedule released

Author:
Calvin
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:14:25 06/05/18 Tue
In reply to: Calvin 's message, "Re: Ivy TV schedule released" on 18:03:07 06/02/18 Sat

"I'm sure CBS is aware they could get a larger audience of Auburn fans watching an intrasquad scrimmage than an the Army/Navy game."

Probably not the case (although a real Auburn-Alabama game would differ).

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-sports/army-navy-game/2017/12/12/army-navy-tv-ratings-hit-23-year-high/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy TV schedule released

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:18 06/05/18 Tue

...and if Yale/Harvard -- or any other rivalry game -- had a day with no other college games whatsoever, a late afternoon start time, and throw in a blizzard to boot, I think the rating would please all constituents.

Not trying to discount the spectacle that is A/N. It's appointment viewing for me every year. In fact, the only non-Ivy game that I go out of my way to sit and watch start to finish.

The point is, network and time slot matter. The very same sporting event will get vastly-larger rating on ESPN or one of the over-the-air networks than it will get on ESPN2, NBCSN, FS1, etc. And an event on ESPN2 would out-rate FS1. Households receiving the channel, pay tier, channel location on the dial, etc.

Put Y/H on CBS at 3pm on Dec. 11 with no competition and it'll do just fine. Auburn scrimmage on ESPN Classic, not so much. Everything's relative.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.