VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Bad Omen

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:28:21 06/06/18 Wed
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Re: Hey An Observer" on 18:15:03 06/05/18 Tue

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/highschool/article/New-Canaan-girls-outlast-Darien-in-Class-L-semis-12970619.php

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Bad Omen

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:11 06/06/18 Wed

My favorite line in that article is the last one: "[Darien] head coach Lisa Lindley was unavailable for comment after the game." Given her high strung personality, I imagine that it was an explosive postgame scene.

I'm sure it's disappointing that the Darien girls' long winning streak against Connecticut opponents is over. But I actually think that it increases the probability that the boys win out. As you point out, the talent at Darien is superior. Seeing the girls lose might remind the boys that nothing is automatic and they need to stay focused and locked in.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: LOL

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:11 06/06/18 Wed

so you think she grabbed a few facemasks in the locker room

[> [> [> [> Subject: winner and still champ

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:51 06/06/18 Wed

in a squeaker D 8-NC 7 pretty amazing 3 game season long rivalry Darien won all three times by a combined margin of 4 goals. Can't get much closer than that. This was just the semis but I seriously doubt either team from the other side of the bracket has what one of my father's favorite sayings was "a snowball's chance in hell"

kinda wishing I had gone to the game

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: winner and still champ

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:07 06/06/18 Wed

The game was tied 7-7 with 3:16 to play. As I said earlier, Darien is both uber talented *AND* clutch under pressure. No surprise they did it again. Darien reminds me of the great Tierney Princeton teams. When the game is tied late, somehow some way they find somebody to put it in the back of the net.

Congrats, Holtsie. Nice cool night for a whiskey to celebrate.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.