VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy TV schedule released

Author:
Right to Bear Arms
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:34:03 06/06/18 Wed
In reply to: Old Eli 's message, "Ivy TV schedule released" on 20:27:33 05/31/18 Thu

As too lacrosse growing in Texas, I dont see it. Its still only offered by private schools and a very small percent of high end public schools.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy TV schedule released

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:44:00 06/06/18 Wed

I don't know if this is how school districts think through the decision whether to sponsor lacrosse, but it is a deceptively expensive sport, especially for boys.

Of course, everybody can see the stick, the helmet and pads. But what might get missed is that the type of stick skills which the sport requires are almost always learned over a long period of practice. Of course, all sports require tremendous practice but it seems that, more so in lacrosse than other sports, if a kid does not have a stick in his or her hands by the end of elementary school, it's hard to catch up to the kids who do.

What that means for parents is buying your child (but especially your son) an expensive set of equipment early in elementary school and then having that child grow out of the helmet and pads in fairly short order. Compare to basketball, soccer, softball etc. The only sports which have the same recurring equipment expenses are football and ice hockey.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ivy TV schedule released

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:52 06/06/18 Wed

Lacrosse is being played at tons of public schools in Texas. It's spreading like wild fire and has become a recruiting hotbed for college lacrosse

[> [> [> Subject: Lacrosse maybe expensive

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:04 06/06/18 Wed

but nothing compares to ice hockey especially in youth where every year of so you need a new or good used pair of skates costing hundreds. The new sticks are extremely expensive as well. My son played travel hockey for 8 yrs and back then the travel tuition was in the 1000-1500 range every year. Throw camps and gas money and hotel rooms and food. I bet I spent close to 40 grand

[> [> [> [> Subject: I bet skiing takes the dollar prize

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:37 06/06/18 Wed

Not that that bothers those wealthy Dartmouth types in CT who live across the street from Holtsie.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.