VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Bowl Field

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:42:12 06/16/18 Sat
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Yale Bowl Field" on 22:23:30 06/15/18 Fri

They can as long as it’s not being practiced on and played on 6 Days a week. See how they treat the sacred grounds, this year.?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Yale Bowl Field

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:22:55 06/16/18 Sat

You all don’t have a clue. Camps are for most part held on practice field. And we do not practice in the bowl six days a week. Atleast we didn’t. Your love of nostalgia is putting our men at a disadvantage with stats and higher chance of injuries when you can not keep your footing. Compare our run game home vs away. I’m betting both pass and run are significantly less. That would be something to analyze.

Just stop saying we are getting turf if we aren’t. I’ve heard this for years.

And why is it ok for turf to be on all the other fields?. So they can be exposed to “”unhealthy “ turf but the rest of us cant?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: To Bill you are in fact Wrong.

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:53 06/16/18 Sat

The Yale Football team does utilize the Bowl for practices. Especially when it was a home game. So keep on saying it doesn’t happen , keep your head in the Yale Bowl ground.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: To Bill you are in fact Wrong.

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:09:06 06/16/18 Sat

Not six days a week. Only during week before home games. I know this as fact.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Bill your misinformed

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:36:37 06/17/18 Sun

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Bill you (are not) misinformed

Author:
Slinger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:44 06/20/18 Wed

Bill is more accurate than you are. The team typically only holds walkthroughs (or runs throughs on Fridays) the week of home games to acclimate to the atrocious conditions. Other than preseason scrimmages, the team never practices in pads in the Yale Bowl

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: oh yes they do Slinger

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:00:21 06/23/18 Sat

That’s not true. Fake news Slinger. Fake nees

[> [> [> Subject: Re: To Bill you are in fact Wrong.

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:33 06/18/18 Mon

Of course they use the field to practice before home games. How else could one simulate playing in a sandbox/mud pit? If they practiced on field turf they would be no more ready for the game than the visitors.

I guess the alternatives would be to put turf in the bowl or put in a new grass/mud field for practice.

[> [> Subject: Please re read what I posted

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:08 06/19/18 Tue

I did not say we never practiced in the bowl. I corrected the poster on saying we practice 6 days a week in the bowl, run camps there etc... Making it seem that the bowl is only in poor shape because it is over utilized. When in fact, we ONLY practice in the bowl leading up to home games. (which is a must!) Therefore, not six days a week. I just reconfirmed this with a recent grad.

So please don't blame the bowl field condition on practices and camp. The surface is subpar.

[> [> [> Subject: Ok 4 to 5 Days. Still to much for the pitch

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:06:47 06/19/18 Tue

I saw the team practice at the Bowl more than ever last year. Especially the last four games.
A lot of work has to be done in order the Bowl to accept synthetic field. All those rubber pellets will come to the surface every time it rains. Platform will have to be placed in order to shed water . A long with some sort of pumpi to dispense the water away from the field.
Keep the turf, have the crew go to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park to get some schooling on how to take care of the field.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.