VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: preseason POY favorites

Author:
Unknown
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:01:12 07/03/18 Tue
In reply to: GreenIvy 's message, "Re: preseason POY favorites" on 11:10:14 07/03/18 Tue

Lovett couldn't be stopped two years ago and I don't see a defense returning enough talent to stop him this year. If Princeton dominates the league, Holuba or Tom Johnson will win DPOY.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Is that the same Tom Johnson...

Author:
The Color of Money
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:19 07/05/18 Thu

...who was on the field last Fall when Dartmouth scored 56 points against Princeton (with 34 points scored by D in the 4th quarter)? Johnson put up tackling numbers because the Princeton defense offered up lots of tackling opportunities.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Lovett

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:55 07/06/18 Fri

I wonder how Lovett will perform when he's not sharing time and will have a target on his back the entire game. The way he was used two seasons ago inside the red zone may not work when he's handling the majority of snaps, including dropping back to pass on 3rd and Long. Defenses weren't able to tee off against him in those situations, because it was Kanoff that was trusted. Now if you can say the freshman 4* rated QB comes in to replace Kanoff, then Lovett has a chance to duplicate 2016. Otherwise, I say NO.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Lovett

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:25 07/06/18 Fri

I agree with you. Princeton needs to put a reliable quarterback on the field for Lovett to thrive. Lovett usually lined up with another quarterback in the backfield where he could run or throw. If Brevin White turns out to be as good as the hype, it will be a great year not just for Lovett, but for the Tigers overall.
If the injury bug doesn't hit the Tigers, the defense will be the best in years or maybe the best ever.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.