VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re:Yale Bowl - Keep the grass!!!

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:40:17 07/03/18 Tue
In reply to: Sprint66 's message, "Re:Yale Bowl - Keep the grass!!!" on 15:55:41 07/03/18 Tue

With moderate rain fall the rubber pellets will be floating and redistribute.Yale will have to elevate the playing field and have to install a pump station. To get rid of the water. Keep the grass. Sprint is absolutely correct.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:Yale Bowl - Keep the grass!!!

Author:
Football fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:23 07/03/18 Tue

If you don’t think that field last year was dangerous for the players, you were not at the Bowl.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:Yale Bowl - Keep the grass!!!

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:42:47 07/04/18 Wed

Yes I was , matter of fact I’ve been going to Yale Football games for over 50 years. I have never seen the field so spent in all my years.
Alas I have never seen it be used as much , as it has in past 2 years .Yale Bowl was not to be utilized in such a manner. Nor was it supposed to be used at night.
The pitch is beautiful, it needs to mend and rest between contests. It needs to be cared for. What happens to you if you don’t rest and take care of yourself. You get soar and tired etc.
Sure rip out the Old Sod , from The Yale Bowl, Put in fake grass, But beware of what you ask for. The problems that will follow will be many and frequent . Heed my words .
Take care of what we have , for it is indeed a treasure. Most people come to the Yale Bowl and marvel at its wonder they wish they’re school had what Yale has. The people that don’t are soulless and sad.
Those really special people who complain about the amenities. Here’s a sound good advise to you. Watch the game on TV.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Over 50 yrs, Now I understand.......

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:01 07/04/18 Wed

We can go back and forth. I appreciate the support over the last 50 years. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine Let's agree to disagree. With that said, the players despise the grass/ mud/ sand. Its been this way over the last several years I personally know this.

We can't stop practicing on the grass leading up tp home games, or we forfeit our advantage to acclimate to the atrocious conditions and timing.

You won't hear from me again on this matter. Debating with you is getting nowhere.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Over 50 yrs, Now I understand.......

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:10 07/04/18 Wed

I've been watching Yale Football for over 40 years and I also prefer grass to Field Turf; with one caveat: the field must never be allowed to degenerate into the condition we saw last season. Not only was it an embarrassment reflected on national TV, it was also unsafe for the players.

If there is a will to adequately maintain a grass field it can easily be done. I question the will.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: A modest first step

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:31 07/04/18 Wed

It's been established that areas of heaviest use would benefit from artificial surface.

So, install turf in the visitor's men's rooms before Harvard weekend.

Several problems solved.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: they need to get

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:32 07/04/18 Wed

grass practice fields, Dartmouth has them. PSU's Beaver Stadium is immaculate but then again they probably spend more on field maintenance then Yale does on football

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.