VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy League Admissions

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:31:32 07/05/18 Thu
In reply to: cadyellow 's message, "Ivy League Admissions" on 23:59:40 07/04/18 Wed

The last time I got a Princeton admissions officer to speak on deep background — my bar tab was involved, as I recall — he/she (I said it was deep) allowed that easily 2/3 of the applicants were fully qualified, i.e. could clearly do the work. That’s over 23,000 “finalists” for 1900 admit slots, the fewest in the Ivies.

My conversations with applicants over the last four decades do nothing but confirm this, to include the improvement over the last 10-15 years.

Conclusion: Never, NEVER work in admissions unless you have a death wish.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League Admissions

Author:
Uptown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:01:27 07/06/18 Fri

When I got into Columbia in the early 70s, admission was tough but not like it is now.

If anyone asked me about Ivy admissions, the only advice I could give is make the application but don't build your life around it.

When I see what kids do now, I SMH.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.