VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Daily Pennsylvanian Ranks Ivy Athletic Programs: Harvard Not First

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:10:53 09/17/18 Mon
In reply to: Ally 's message, "Re: Daily Pennsylvanian Ranks Ivy Athletic Programs: Harvard Not First" on 02:45:01 09/17/18 Mon

Link?

You can certainly cite other good candidates, but you can’t argue against the 2012 team, which blew through everyone who was ranked to a 21-1 record and an N.C. Intriguingly, the 2011 team may have been more remarkable. Four All-Ivy Tigers from 2010 skipped the season to play for the national team in the Olympics, and the remaining team lost early games including 2-1 to Dartmouth, then regrouped to win the Ivies and its first NCAA game. Which of course set the table for 2012, when the four returned.

In recent memory, I would say the only Princeton teams comparable were the 2006 women’s N.C. heavyweight crew, arguably the best college women’s team in history, and the frightening 1997 men’s N.C. lax team(Hubbard, Hess, Massey et al.) which won the championship game 15-7.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Daily Pennsylvanian Ranks Ivy Athletic Programs: Harvard Not First

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:14 09/17/18 Mon

Two addenda.

Typo, the men’s lax final in 1997 was 19-7 over Maryland; Tierney invoked his mercy rule with about 3 minutes left.

And yes, I know I didn’t include the 27-2 1998 men’s basketball team, the best at Princeton since 1967. I really thought about it, and also the 31-1 women’s team of 2015. I think one more tourney win by either would have tempted me....

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.