VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Columbia v. Georgetown

Author:
Old Lion (Al not happy)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:55:30 09/23/18 Sun
In reply to: Old Lion 's message, "Re: Columbia v. Georgetown" on 19:56:45 09/22/18 Sat

Al rightfully was pretty unhappy about the lack of focus and intensity after we went up 23-0 and there were only 8 minutes to play. I think our guys had one foot on the bus door at that point. Al was also unhappy about settling for FGs in the first half when we could have turned it into a blow out early. But I also give a lot of credit to Georgetown. Coming off a bad game at Dartmouth they could have quit by the fourth quarter and did not do so. Negatives for me were two or three more starters going down, hopefully only for one week, mediocre pass blocking, loose pass defense, some passes that never should have been thrown, a rare mistake by Will Allen in choosing to run back a late kickoff instead of taking a knee, failure of the DBs to play the ball despite tight coverage. Positives were Alleyne’s kicking, Ronald Smith, the sacks by the DEs, and the tandem rushing effort by Rose and Miller. I also liked the incorporation of the TEs in the pass game.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Columbia v. Georgetown

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:22 09/23/18 Sun

I agree that there were sone passes that should not have been thrown by Davis, and that, overall, he could have had a better game. But when his passes worked they were very precise and were just where they needed to be for the receiver to make the play. So not bad for a first start for a sophomore. Does anyone know when Bean comes back from concussion?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Columbia v. Georgetown

Author:
Cynical Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:13:12 09/23/18 Sun

With regards to Bean, I would say that it all depends on the physician making that decision. It clearly isn't the doctor that traveled with the team to Central Connecticut. Bean was knocked unconscious in that game yet was still allowed to return to play. Then, we find out on Sunday that he is in the concussion protocol. Whoever cleared him to go back in that night should be ashamed of themselves and most likely elongated the amount of time that he will miss.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.