VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Penn at Dartmouth

Author:
Ivyjoe (not scripped)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:28:17 09/24/18 Mon
In reply to: AsiaSunset 's message, "Penn at Dartmouth" on 08:42:32 09/24/18 Mon

It was a true "Bridges of Madison County" story.
I plan to write a novelette about it, when I retire.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Penn at Dartmouth

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:31 09/24/18 Mon

First of all, it takes a man's man to admit that he liked "The Bridges of Madison County" and I'm man enough to admit that I loved it.

Secondly, a big part of the appeal of the original novel "The Bridges of Madison County" comes from the fact that both protagonists were already in their forties. They were both fully baked adults by the time they met, one a wife and mother with two teenagers, the other a guy who had been around the world literally and figuratively.

There's something quite different about the 25-year-old young buck and Miss Roma. Both are great stories but -- let's put it this way -- when they make the movie version of your story, it won't be with 70-year-old Clint Eastwood playing you.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.