VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Cornell TV timeouts - a game experience killer

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:59:17 09/24/18 Mon
In reply to: Old Red 's message, "Yale Cornell TV timeouts - a game experience killer" on 10:07:49 09/24/18 Mon

Well it's not Cornell's fault and the ESPN+ coverage will probably improve with time. However, I would still rather have the games on ESPN+ with a few delays than not have the games broadcast at all.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Yale Cornell TV timeouts - a game experience killer

Author:
old blue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:12:52 09/24/18 Mon

gentlemen; my hat's off to mr. ford who at least tried to remain non-partisan.i love coach cozza but his commentary had the effect of a heavy sedative

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: ESPN+ experience

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:09 09/25/18 Tue

Why were TV breaks being taken during the game, anyway? I don't recall seeing an actual paid commercial. There were the same three ESPN commercials, the same three Ivy/school commercials, and a test-pattern-like "game is in commercial break" screen during every TV timeout.

If you don't have any ads sold, please let the game continue at an ad-free pace. NCAA games take long enough to complete these days, we don't need to add delays where none are warranted.

As for the actual broadcast quality, the camera work and production were at the level of a 1980's community access channel broadcast of a high school game. We were in "all 22" mode most of the time, forcing the viewer to squint, despite having a wide-screen TV, to figure out if that was a handoff or a fake. Replays? If you're lucky, pal. And they might be queued up to halfway through the play, or 20 seconds before the snap, and often had to be aborted to get back to live action. They had an end zone camera behind one of the goal posts, yet chose to almost never use it for place kicks. I know, none of those are ESPN's fault, they're just the carrier. And yes, it's far better than not being able to watch the game at all. But a little improvement would go a long way.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.