VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Lovett's Arm, Tigers Running the Table?

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:56:58 09/29/18 Sat
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Lovett's Arm, Tigers Running the Table?" on 10:57:16 09/29/18 Sat

Before the end of the season (I would have said “certainly”, but they’ve had no need to date) you will see one of the three gunners at QB with Lovett in the slot along with Eaddy or Volker and the two horses at WR. Recall Lovett had 26 receptions two years ago with a TD. Hard to imagine how to cover that mid to deep downfield. That being said, Lovett may indeed well be the fourth most accurate pure passer they have.

The other thing I would note is that Lions could have been called four or five times for pass interference last night, and there were zero. It affected the timing of a couple plays.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Lovett's Arm, Tigers Running the Table? Pass Interference

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:12 09/29/18 Sat

I can't wait to see Lovett used in this fashion. If you've got talented passers who can also either run or catch, putting two of them on the field at once puts tremendous strain on a defense. I think you'll see this more often. Imagine Alabama lining up with Tua and Jalen on the field at once.

I agree about all those potential pass interference penalties. The refs seemed to think that, as long as the cornerback was not still staring at the wide receiver, anything goes. Several times Lovett underthrew an open receiver, who slowed down and had the corner run into him. But presumably because the corner was not looking at the receiver, no penalty was called.

I'm not sure that I agree with that interpretation of the rule. Generally, the covering corners were not in the process of trying to catch the ball, they were still running down the field and ran directly (without looking) into the receiver. I think that's pass interference.

I was under the impression the cornerback only gets a free pass if he's tracking the ball with his eyes or attempting to catch it.

In other words, if you're attempting to catch the ball, you're in a "jump ball" situation and anything goes. But if you're running stride for stride with the receiver, he stops and you run into him (whether looking at him or not), that's pass interference.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.