VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:31:10 09/29/18 Sat
In reply to: remember it well 's message, "Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St." on 22:13:38 09/29/18 Sat

The lack of depth at QB for Maine is astounding to me.

"Maine didn't have their starting qb but we didn't have our top two rbs in the game." Hence my comment, "Stockpiling RB's and WR's looks prudent now."

On the subject of backups at skill positions, when Yale took over on downs inside Maine territory with a two TD lead and about 6 minutes left in a non-league game, did anyone else feel the time was right to sit Rawlings and give a backup (Check or Conte) some reps? And if not then...when?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:41:33 09/29/18 Sat

""sit Rawlings and give a backup (Check or Conte) some reps? And if not then...when""?

2019? I don't see any blowouts on the schedule.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:02 09/29/18 Sat

I don't see any blowouts, either. I just hope another thing we don't see is #6 being helped off the field, forcing us to rely on a QB with no (or effectively no) varsity snaps to lead us to victory in one or more of those close games. With Rawlings being forced to do a Tarkenton impression almost every pass attempt, I'd be thinking about getting a backup some seasoning.

(And I know, I'm showing my age in this thread, referencing Fran and Garo when discussing Rawlings.)

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
remember it well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:53:38 09/29/18 Sat

Rawlings is already playing hurt - wearing an elbow brace on his non throwing arm.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:48 09/29/18 Sat

I remember Fran and Garo. Heck, I remember Unitas and Starr and straight ahead kickers.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine/Central Michigan/Michigan St.

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:56 09/30/18 Sun

I never felt this game was out of reach allowing Rawlings to be pulled. Can you imagine if that had happened and Yale blew a two TD lead with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. When is the last time that happened? Oh yeah, two weeks ago.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.