VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale / Maine - afterthoughts

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:06:26 09/30/18 Sun
In reply to: Observer15 's message, "Re: Yale / Maine - afterthoughts" on 01:03:15 09/30/18 Sun

"How about a little praise for the spirit of this team that believed it could win— and won. Sheesh." There was praise in there along with the gripes, which you apparently decided to overlook. Sheesh, indeed.

"Yes they gotta improve." Agreed.

"Thomas returned to the game. He is fine. Think he just had the wind knocked out of him." Didn't catch that - great to hear!

"Vicky Chun was on the sideline cheering on the team with great enthusiasm. I’m impressed with her so far." She was doing the same at Holy Cross, which I found to be a fantastic first impression. My point is that the atmosphere of Yale home games being an "event" was notably lacking yesterday. Hopefully that, too, will improve. Also, I have to wonder how much the administrative botches regarding Field Turf this past off-season were the result of the changing of the guard. Again, hopefully onward and upward. Her enthusiasm for her teams is certainly off-the-charts good.

"You could easily make the case Yale has been more hampered by injuries then Maine." Completely agree with that assessment -- which is why I am so baffled by the drop-off in talent at the QB position for Maine. That one injury influenced the outcome of the game more than the myriad of injuries incurred by Yale.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yale / Maine - afterthoughts

Author:
Yale OL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:06 09/30/18 Sun

Voy vey your analysis is spot on! The bowl was very empty yesterday and lacked any juice. I was wondering why this is no longer an “event”

New ad was very passionate and enthusiastic watching the game. Another thing i observed her doing was getting several cups of the team issued Gatorade and passing it out to a bunch of kids sitting on the wall. Very classsy and kind in my opinion

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.