VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Beware the Princeton Puppy Love Brigade...

Author:
Ghost of Bob Blackman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:41:48 09/30/18 Sun

I excuse Princeton fans for believing in their team - it’s what fans do.

As for the rest of you middle-aged teeny boppers delivering wet, sloppy love wishes to Princeton and their high-powered Lamborghini of an offense, I offer the super high-powered 2013 edition of the the Princeton Lamborghini, driven by QB Quinn Epperly, as a cautionary tale.

Be assured, the best defensive coaching unit in the Ivy League (Dobes, McCorkle & Brooks - DMB, remember?) will see to it that the 2018 Princeton Lambo will encounter: potholes, sinkholes, fallen tree limbs, dead animal carcasses, speed traps, construction detours, lane closures, traffic jams, overpass collapses, funeral processions, teenagers driving with learners’ permits, coastal evacuation orders and female Asian drivers.

The Princeton team you think you know won’t be the Princeton team walking (driving?) off the field in Week #8. Getting punched in the face at a DMB concert can do that to a team..

Just ask Quinn Epperly.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Beware the Princeton Puppy Love Brigade...

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:11 09/30/18 Sun

You make a valid point. However, the 2013 edition of the Princeton football team was not the offensive threat this team has been so far. There was no one on that 2013 that could compare to Lovett, or Horsted (and probably Carlson)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: I do know that the 2013 Princeton Lambo with Quinn Epperly...

Author:
Ghost of Bob Blackman (To Jerry1h)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:20 09/30/18 Sun

...had scored 50 points or more in 5 of its first 9 games! Heading into the final game of the year up in Hanover, Princeton was undefeated in Ivy play and had scored 59 points against Yale the week previously. Hard to imagine that 2013 team “is not the offensive threat” of the current Princeton model.

But then again, it may be hard to imagine at this stage that the current Dartmouth defense may be one for the ages as well.

[> [> Subject: Re: Beware the Princeton Puppy Love Brigade...

Author:
Michael Valmas (Dismayed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:47:20 09/30/18 Sun

The passion of a true Dartmouth fan is as undeniable as Princeton's offense was in NYC on Friday. But a point can be more effectively by omission of Asian stereotyping; especially at a time when Asian American are so prominent in number within all 8 of the Ivy schools. There's a Jeremy Lin said recently that the racism he encountered in his time as a student-athlete in Cambridge was far worse than anything remotely similar to it during his 8 year pro career.

[> Subject: When A Great Offense Meets A Great Defense

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:26:01 09/30/18 Sun

When a great offense meets a great defense, the distribution of outcomes is skewed heavily in favor of the great defense.

It's true in football and in so many sports. By now, the evidence is so conclusive that it surprises me how much the pre-game buzz still skews toward the offense.

I agree with you that Princeton will face a true test in Dartmouth and Yale (in New Haven). I also would not be surprised if Penn students and alumni embrace their new-found status as Princeton's season finale by showing up in New Jersey en masse. Throw in Harvard in Cambridge and I don't think any trophies should be engraved just yet.

[> Subject: GOBB are you coming to New Haven Friday.?

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:30:36 09/30/18 Sun

Be a great game.

[> [> Subject: Re: GOBB are you coming to New Haven Friday.?

Author:
Ghost of Bob Blackman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:07:54 09/30/18 Sun

Yes, sir! The plan is to avoid southbound Hartford traffic and arrive early enough to pay a visit to Modern Apizza and the neighboring Da Legna’s (hoping they serve by the slice?).

The president of the John Lovett Fan Club (funny, he was president of the Jon Lovitz fan club as well) is a prominent poster to this site and can possibly make introductions...

[> [> [> Subject: I liked my scenario better

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:07 09/30/18 Sun

see you there

[> [> [> [> Subject: GOBB getta medium bomb bring it with you.?

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:43 09/30/18 Sun

See you there.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Prepare to be GOBB-smacked....

Author:
Ghost of Bob Blackman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:51:13 09/30/18 Sun

...by a medium bomb.

;)

[> Subject: No

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:12 09/30/18 Sun

I had the pleasure of meeting the Ghost on Saturday and I got a stern talking to much like what he posted above because I a die Dartmouth fan had been showing Pton love as well

He said he is going to appear as an apparition at the next Princeton game and bring bad Indian medicine and cast an evil spell over the offense next weekend kinda like what deputy Branch Connelly got on Longmire in season 2 I think

[> [> Subject: My daughters and Girlfriend love Longmire.Gitty up LOL

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:04 09/30/18 Sun

I would watch it . But I’m content on this and a few other boards.

[> Subject: Re: Beware the Princeton Puppy Love Brigade...

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:54 09/30/18 Sun

Has anyone forgotten that Gerbino outscored Pton last year? And his entire OLine are seniors this year, and still don't think this Pton D will stop them. Is Holuba going to play this year?

[> [> Subject: Re: Beware the Princeton Puppy Love Brigade...

Author:
TigerTown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:27 09/30/18 Sun

Mr. Holuba is out for the year following his 3rd ACL surgery.

[> [> [> Subject: Sorry to hear that

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:18:47 10/01/18 Mon

He's a great player.

[> [> [> Subject: I’m sorry to hear that. The best to him.

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:50:09 10/01/18 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.