VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Just go up to Chapel or Edgewood, instead of Cleveland

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:44:06 10/01/18 Mon
In reply to: Memphis Bill 's message, "Good Luck Getting to the Bowl on Friday" on 20:10:21 09/30/18 Sun

I know for a fact that Edgewood is open at Forest. Not sure about Chapel, but I'm willing to bet it is, too.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Just go up to Chapel or Edgewood, instead of Cleveland

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:26 10/01/18 Mon

Voy Vey, I tried that on Saturday, and the problem is that unless one has a reserved pass, they will not let you go down Central from either Edgewood or Chapel, it can only be entered from Rt. 34. My sense is that Lot D is therefore only accessible by going all that way down 34, which I would think would jam up pretty badly. I guess they are steering the Chapel/Edgewood traffic into the lot next to the tennis center, a long walk from the Yale side of the Bowl!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Yeah, never mind!

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:17 10/01/18 Mon

Good point, Bill.
I had an F pass, so was able to get through the Central barricade. I just assumed that anyone saying that they were heading to D would be allowed through, but quite possibly not.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yeah, never mind!

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:57:20 10/01/18 Mon

I had dropped the ball in not getting my Lot F pass, so I sweet talked my way past the cops manning the barricade, then showed my football assn pass to the lot attendants who let me into F. I doubt many would have been as lucky as I was--plus I Was a late arrival, so the authorities were inclined to let down their guard. Don't try my style of improv on Friday, it won't work!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Yeah, never mind!

Author:
Greenguy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:46 10/03/18 Wed

I plan to drive from Hartford to New Haven on Friday and attend the game. Any advice on how much time I should give myself on a Friday afternoon so that I am at the Yale Bowl by 5pm? And which parking lot would anyone suggest (am not all that familiar with the parking nuances around the Yale Bowl).

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: There's a large Dartmouth contingent....

Author:
Ghost of Bob Blackman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:24 10/04/18 Thu

...in Lot A, as the nearest entrance to the Mud - er, Yale Bowl from Lot A places you on the 'visitors' side of the stadium.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.