VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Has anyone been to Harvard Stadium yet this year?

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:34:33 10/01/18 Mon

I thought the reason for moving The Game to Fenway was due to construction taking place at Harvard Stadium.

Watching the highlights of the Harvard/URI game on the Harvard website, they showed an interior shot from the closed end zone before the game, and it looked no different than it has in recent years.

Is all the construction on the outside, thus far? Or is the construction as on-schedule as Yale's Field Turf installation?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: The last official word - showing that the schedule has, ahhhh, slipped

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:00 10/01/18 Mon

"The University will undertake a renovation of and addition to the Harvard Stadium over the next two years. Harvard plans to repair areas of deterioration, increase accessibility for those with disabilities, and expand and upgrade the stadium’s restroom and concession facilities. Additionally, the University will construct new locker room spaces for the football program, new press areas, indoor seating, and office space for the Athletics department while decreasing the total number of stadium seats by roughly 8,000 from 30,262. The project is slated for completion by 2018."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: The last official word - showing that the schedule has, ahhhh, slipped

Author:
West Coast Crimson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:48 10/02/18 Tue

I'm kind of annoyed they are reducing the seating of the Stadium. Not sure why they felt like they had to do this. And how exactly is the seating being "reduced"? From where? The structure is the size that it is size.

[> [> [> Subject: A tasteful enclosed two story beer garden with ficus trees would be nice

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:01 10/02/18 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Re: The last official word - showing that the schedule has, ahhhh, slipped

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:22 10/02/18 Tue

I assume most seating in the colonnade area will be eliminated. I am upset because I have, for years, sat in the last row, with my back against the colonnade wall, so that I can scurry up there if it rains. Not sure what the situation will be now, whether it will be a simple walkway, or with some of that fancy enclosed seating for "the Department of Athletics."

[> [> [> Subject: Re: The last official word - showing that the schedule has, ahhhh, slipped

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:41 10/02/18 Tue

I raise the possibility that the stadium size will not be changed much, if at all.

I believe that part or all of the reduction in capacity is simply reclassifying what constitutes "a seat." I think that, previously, 18 inches of bench space was considered a seat. Today, I think it's 24 inches.

So the bench may not change in size, but the capacity just reduced by 33%.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I think you've hit on it

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:52 10/03/18 Wed

I predict that both methods of capacity reduction have been sussed out in this thread. 1) Colonnade elimination (or reduction), and 2) spacing out the seat numbers so that people don't have to squish sideways to fit in their assigned "seat" when rows are full.
I think it's easy to get to the new capacity through at least the latter, if not the former as well.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.