VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy League Improvement

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:13:58 10/04/18 Thu
In reply to: Ted 's message, "Ivy League Improvement" on 10:33:38 10/03/18 Wed

The author lost credibility with me when referring to all Ivy football players as being "on scholarship." BS.

It's financial aid, and it's no different for athletes than it is for non-athletes. If anything, that makes the Ivy players more representative of their schools' total population than the players at any non-Ivy D-1 school.

The Ivy schools can offer more financial aid to all students than other schools can? Well...sorry, not sorry.

The other D-1 schools offer aid, AND can also offer 'free money' strictly based on skill on the football field.

Are there limits on how many players can dress for home games outside of the League? If so, that's news to me. If not, then the argument that Ivy schools gain an advantage by dressing 100+ is bogus, as well.

Lastly, all the talk of "redshirting" is missing the key word "medical" in front of it. How many Ivy players have skipped a semester, while completely healthy, so that they could play a year older? I could be wrong, but I don't think that's even possible under Ivy rules. Every fifth-year senior I've ever known about was the result of an injury/medical hardship.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy League Improvement

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:00 10/04/18 Thu

Regarding your last paragraph, I thought that's exactly what the author was insinuating about Allen.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Well

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:55 10/04/18 Thu

Plenty of fifth years have been given based on taking time off for a Mormon Mission.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.