VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Yale Bowl

Author:
voy vey
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:08:13 10/06/18 Sat
In reply to: Greenguy 's message, "Yale Bowl" on 06:27:25 10/06/18 Sat

I don't think there's a single thing in Greenguy's post that I can disagree with.

A couple of points to add to that post:

The field has never been great, but conditions like those you saw last night are a relatively-recent development. The team has been practicing in the Bowl - at least one day a week, I think - over the past two years, and the condition of the surface has dropped off considerably ever since. Why they continue to do this defies all logic. Compounding the problem was all the rain that has fallen recently in the area.

Regarding Dudek (#33) - he, too, has another gear. 4.43 in the 40, all sorts of track and field accolades in high school, elusive moves. However, he's not a big kid, so moving the pile is sometimes a challenge. And what type of surface does a quick, elusive runner need to excel? A dry one with firm footing -- exactly what the Bowl does not provide! Granted, the stout Dartmouth D also contributed to his struggles last night. And, a nagging injury (ankle is the rumor) that has limited his playing time this year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.