VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brown 0 URI

Author:
Touchdown Brown
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:20:13 10/07/18 Sun
In reply to: Grin and Bear it 's message, "Brown 0 URI 48" on 16:49:08 10/06/18 Sat

I agree. This one is squarely on Estes. With a solid second place to Decker. As to Estes, intensity and focus and accountability were sorely lacking all game. That’s on the head coach, the general. The seminal moment for me was Estes arguing at end of the first half for opportunity to kick a field goal to maybe go in “only down” 27-3. Pathetic. Estes should have had one thing on his mind at end of first half - saving the season. Seriously. This was last year’s Princeton game. I hope not but I believe the season was on the line at half time. It should have been an old-fashioned, short and sweet “who the hell on this team really wants to play football because we’re going to find guys who do” shellacking. He should have started the second half with the entire second team on the field to send a message. Again, seriously. From the start of the game - bad passes, dropped passes, blown coverages, incredibly sloppy tackling (one guy dove at the knees of the R.I. runner and missed!). Sorry, but Rhode Island isn’t Alabama. To come out with zero intensity in the second half said it all, I’m afraid.
As to Decker, does he really think McGovern (or any QB on his roster) can execute the spread with little to no running game? Newsflash to Decker, the two best teams in the Ivy right now have QB’s who can generate yards with their feet. Lovett and Gherbino led their teams in rushing this week and probably for the season. It doesn’t mean McGovern shouldn’t play. It means figure something out. Dartmouth uses two QB’s. Lovett is an above average passer but always a threat on the ground.
IT’S JUST FOOTBALL! Get your guys to play with intensity and focus and make some freaking adjustments! And, score a touchdown or I’ll have to change my moniker...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Brown 0 URI

Author:
Touchdown Brown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:26 10/07/18 Sun

Cornell also was led in rushing by one (Catanese) of the two QB’s they played against Harvard yesterday. I guess Cornell likes Darmouth’s formula. I can’t put it on the O-line when the safeties are never concerned with the QB running. A lot of sacks are coverage sacks.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.