VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Princeton Football Scholarships

Author:
Ptown dad
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:19:19 10/10/18 Wed
In reply to: M3 's message, "Princeton Football Scholarships" on 06:59:08 10/10/18 Wed

What is being unsaid is the value of admission. Admission to Princeton has incredible value so it is an inducement itself. Few, if any kids on Princeton, or Harvard or Yale or columbia, would have gotten in to their school w/o football. I know my son’s wouldn’t have. While it sucked to pay $50k+ for college, it was worth it when compared to the free education offered elsewhere. I can afford it thankfully, the people who get screwed are those that make just above the $ cut off, which is pretty low. They often can’t afford the cost of an Ivy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Princeton Football Scholarships

Author:
Annex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:40:40 10/11/18 Thu

Coach Coen is a great coach and person. Most 'football guys' really like him - including Surace, it appears. This comment was out of character and I would guess that it was caused by frustration about the beat down.

That said, I doubt that anyone has ever turned down playing for Nick Saban to join the Lehigh team. I believe that famously happened recently with a Princeton QB right? There are a lot of qualitative indicators that suggest Princeton has a huge recruiting advantage over Lehigh. Good for Princeton!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.