VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Jake says...

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:58:43 10/11/18 Thu
In reply to: Dr. V 's message, "Jake's blog" on 11:12:04 10/08/18 Mon

… that Dartmouth is a merciful team and that Princeton is not.

http://culions.blogspot.com/2018/10/week-5-picks.html

:)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Jake says...

Author:
Unknown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:19 10/11/18 Thu

I don't see Princeton scoring 60+ on Brown unless Surace really has a personal beef with Estes. Surace understands those merciless beatings on Ivy foes could come back to haunt him if and when Princeton has a down year in the future.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Personally...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:18 10/11/18 Thu

I doubt Estes will be around long enough to get that sort of revenge if Princeton does humiliate the Bears this weekend.

Would love to be wrong though. Everyone says Estes is a great guy.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Jake says...

Author:
Tiger69
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:47 10/12/18 Fri

How do you tell vets at the end of the bench or, for that matter, promising young freshmen or sophs, that they can’t play just because the game is no longer in doubt. I’ll concede that you don’t use your top players, which would be unnecessary and expose them to possible injury, or save clock to extend the game. But beyond that, the purpose of clearing the bench when the outcome is settled is to reward the less used vets with PT and develop the newcomers for the future. The same goes for the losing team.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Just my humble opinon...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:06:50 10/12/18 Fri

While I agree that if starters can't stop the other team's third string, then the game probably should not have been scheduled in the first place, I'd prefer that the third string run as basic a playbook as possible. Like no passing unless it's third and long.

Then again, if your third stringers run a fullback slam up the middle (which is as basic as it gets) and the guy goes the distance, then the losing team has NOTHING to gripe about.

But I'm not going to get too worked up over it. If you don't want to be blown out, then play better.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Jake says...

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:45 10/12/18 Fri

T69 triggered a thought. Just from a logistics standpoint, how do you get 88 guys into the game (check Princeton’s participation list) with only three penalties? By definition, a minor miracle, and hardly something you practice as such. The discipline involved with the scrubs scoring 3 TDs while shutting out their opponents while the coaches were figuring out who to send in the game is intriguing.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.