VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Valley News , Dion King suspended indefinitely

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:21:03 10/30/17 Mon

Sounds like he needs anger management classes.? Allegedly punched a hole in a wall after , the loss to Columbia. To bad.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Valley News , Dion King suspended indefinitely

Author:
remember it well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:10 10/30/17 Mon

Better a wall than a player. Remember Woody Hayes?

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/23/woody-hayes-punch-clemson-ohio-state
[> Subject: lucky just suspended

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:55:54 10/30/17 Mon

I'd be surprised if he isn't ultimately canned especially if he was one that did Columbia incident
[> Subject: If he had a history of this, then yeah

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:06 10/30/17 Mon

Dang, he did the same thing the week before?

I love the passion--but come on, dude!
[> [> Subject: actually

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:19:31 10/30/17 Mon

a face saving compromise for the school and the guy would be his successful completion of anger management class and then he would be on double secret probation for a year
[> [> [> Subject: Re: actually

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:42 10/30/17 Mon

Anger management classes indeed.

Coaching is a profession where things are not always going to go correctly. You can't go all "HULK SMASH!" every time the football gods are not smiling on you.

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:08 10/30/17 Mon

I read the Valley News article and three things were disturbing: (1) Dion King seems like he might be a serial wall puncher; (2) three tenured Dartmouth professors have put on suspension for something which is completely undisclosed, but sounds more serious than, say, plagiarism; and (3) another article in the Valley News says they may try to cuts the bolts of our beloved Holtsledge. Say it ain't so, holtsie! Does this have something to do with the fact that you voted for Trump?

http://www.vnews.com/Lyme-Mulls-Opening-Holt-s-Ledge-13313303
[> [> Subject: Yes

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:14 10/30/17 Mon

of course it is, it's a witch hunt

don't worry though as long as it is just the bolts and not the nuts I am good to go

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:27 10/30/17 Mon

Where is the source that says King's been suspended indefinitely? I can't find it with a Google search,
[> [> Subject: Re: Valley News , Dion King suspended indefinitely

Author:
Eastern sports fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:00:17 10/31/17 Tue

Kid needs help and he better be the one to reach out or his football career aspirations are over. Every job application will have a Google search and guess what will be at the top of the list. He needs a documented positive solution on his record. Hope he gets it.

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:20 10/30/17 Mon

I found it. In case anyone else wants to read it:

http://www.vnews.com/Dion-King-suspended-13417825
[> [> Subject: Make that fired

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:24 11/03/17 Fri

http://www.vnews.com/local-roundup-13461814
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Make that fired

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:09 11/03/17 Fri

I hope this does not end his coaching career; taking a voluntary anger management course might be a good idea as he tries to rebuild it.

I guess you can add punching out walls and drawing publicity to touching a player to actions that will get you fired. The former P men's lacrosse head coach is now a secondary school head coach for doing the latter to an opposing player in a college game. One momentary mistake, and boom your job is gone, although there is some question as to whether this was a second offense for King and whether a spectator was jeopardized, making it a bigger deal than it might otherwise have been.
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Make that fired

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:16 11/03/17 Fri

Don't like to see someone's career permanently grounded at such a young age over immaturity, but this isn't an abuse issue so he should be able to recover. And if he did not learn this lesson now, his problem likely would worsen later.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.