VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: 3 Loss Champ?

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:23:21 10/30/17 Mon
In reply to: 13otto 's message, "Re: 2 Loss Champ?" on 10:50:59 10/30/17 Mon

The only upsets that I can see above would be Penn winning outright, and that's not unheard of considering how they ended the previous two seasons. Brown may get one win but every other game is possible.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: 2 Loss Champ?

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:04:54 10/30/17 Mon

If your 7-way tie scenario (or even something close to it) turned out to be true, the IVY league will have cemented its place as the laughing stock of D1 college football. I sure hope there is a definitive champion or no more than a two-way tie.
[> [> [> Subject: Re: 2 Loss Champ?

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:08 10/30/17 Mon

Agreed. And maybe it will force the higher ups to allow the "champion " to enter the FCS playoffs
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:37 10/30/17 Mon

This is the league that a few years ago adopted a coin flip as the way to break a tie and designate a champion/ representative to the NCAA.

I am confident the odds are at least 50/50 they would adopt something similar to break a multiple football tie. And that will only subject us to more derision.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:19 10/30/17 Mon

They could do the least recently won method of choosing the official champion.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not an off the wall suggestion

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:39 10/30/17 Mon

I expect you were thinking about the Big 10 example.

Of course it could mean you have to sit out a long while after that.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:05 11/01/17 Wed

Could you imagine being a player, lose one game all year and lose your title/ring on a coin flip? I can’t think of a much less rewarding result than that.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Friday Night Coin Flips

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:09 11/03/17 Fri

Calvin, I must be falling behind on my Ivy history. When and in what context did the League adopt a coin flip to choose a representative to the NCAA tournament?

Do you remember in the great book, "Friday Night Lights," when three teams finished tied for a conference championship, the conference decided to select its representative by having the three coaches flip three coins simultaneously? The coach whose heads/tail coin result did not match the other two coaches would be the rep to the Texas state tournament.

The media and public interest of course grew to a manic frenzy. The chaos became so overwhelming that the conference opted to hold the simultaneous coin flip late at night at a remote truck stop in the Texas desert. One coin, upon being flipped a big too hard, bounced and rolled under a piece of a restaurant equipment. Buzz Bissinger, author and famed University of Pennsylvania leather cross dresser, did a great job describing the frenzy as the assembled television cameras chased the errant quarter across the diner floor. Classic Texas football.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not football

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:06 11/03/17 Fri

I think it was a spring sport, maybe lacrosse before that tournament got started?

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.