VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 2 Loss Champ?

Author:
GreenIvy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:34:08 10/30/17 Mon
In reply to: Football Fanatic 's message, "Re: 2 Loss Champ?" on 15:04:54 10/30/17 Mon

Agreed. And maybe it will force the higher ups to allow the "champion " to enter the FCS playoffs

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:37 10/30/17 Mon

This is the league that a few years ago adopted a coin flip as the way to break a tie and designate a champion/ representative to the NCAA.

I am confident the odds are at least 50/50 they would adopt something similar to break a multiple football tie. And that will only subject us to more derision.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:19 10/30/17 Mon

They could do the least recently won method of choosing the official champion.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not an off the wall suggestion

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:39 10/30/17 Mon

I expect you were thinking about the Big 10 example.

Of course it could mean you have to sit out a long while after that.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re:

Author:
Football Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:05 11/01/17 Wed

Could you imagine being a player, lose one game all year and lose your title/ring on a coin flip? I can’t think of a much less rewarding result than that.
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Friday Night Coin Flips

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:09 11/03/17 Fri

Calvin, I must be falling behind on my Ivy history. When and in what context did the League adopt a coin flip to choose a representative to the NCAA tournament?

Do you remember in the great book, "Friday Night Lights," when three teams finished tied for a conference championship, the conference decided to select its representative by having the three coaches flip three coins simultaneously? The coach whose heads/tail coin result did not match the other two coaches would be the rep to the Texas state tournament.

The media and public interest of course grew to a manic frenzy. The chaos became so overwhelming that the conference opted to hold the simultaneous coin flip late at night at a remote truck stop in the Texas desert. One coin, upon being flipped a big too hard, bounced and rolled under a piece of a restaurant equipment. Buzz Bissinger, author and famed University of Pennsylvania leather cross dresser, did a great job describing the frenzy as the assembled television cameras chased the errant quarter across the diner floor. Classic Texas football.
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not football

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:06 11/03/17 Fri

I think it was a spring sport, maybe lacrosse before that tournament got started?

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.