VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy Team of the year

Author:
Oamale
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:46:25 11/08/21 Mon
In reply to: Ivy Inquisitor 's message, "Ivy Team of the year" on 18:25:17 11/07/21 Sun

I think 2018 Princeton was over rated, only because of how freakishly good everyone thinks they were. They squeaked past Dartmouth and they beat an OK harvard team in a close game that Princeton won on the scoreboard but the on field play suggested Harvard had the physical edge. League champ with two very close and competitive games against other good ivy opponents. Yes they went undefeated but I dont see how that resume separates them tremendously from other Ivy league champs this decade.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy Team of the year

Author:
Two Cents
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:53 11/08/21 Mon

Would love to hear what coaching staffs would say in terms of who they thought the best team of the decade was. I would go with Princeton 2018 team. 3 players from that team played in the NFL and their defense was their best under Surace. Lovett was the best QB in the league during the decade in my opinion, although Torgerson was close.

Some would argue that the Dartmouth 2018 team was one of the top teams of the decade as well, even though they finished in second place at 9-1. They steamrolled everyone and their battle against Princeton was a rock fight. Fun fact, Princeton only had the lead in that game for 6 minutes. But they were a hair better than Dartmouth.

I would rank the 2014 Harvard team a notch below the 2018 Princeton team and then the 2018 Dartmouth team below them. A lot of other great teams to consider though. It does seem like the talent level has risen across the league in the past 10 years.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.