VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Jake's power rankings

Author:
Bandit
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:21:11 11/11/21 Thu
In reply to: Go Green 's message, "Jake's power rankings" on 12:55:09 11/10/21 Wed

I see that the ghost of Landsman is back to posting again. I find it quite amusing when Cornell, Columbia and Yale fans try to disparage Dartmouth. Is it jealousy or inferiority complex? Dartmouth seems to run a first class program, with first class coaches and players that play the game the right way with a focus on discipline, toughness, sportsmanship and safety. As an example, Teevens has always been extremely complimentary of Cornell and their players and team. And I was really impressed by the way Dartmouth players went up to Eaddy after his injury last week - display of mutual respect and sportsmanship. Teevens also visited Eaddy at the hospital after surgery.

I especially chuckle when I see a Yale poster trying to imply that if Dartmouth players win out and share another league title, that their title is somehow tainted by a mid-season loss to an extremely well prepared and coached Columbia team. Dartmouth has 3 big Ivy wins this year against Princeton, Yale and Harvard. How many big wins does Yale have in the league this year? As others have said, let’s not put the cart before the horse, and see how the season plays out. If other teams like Yale think of themselves as better than Dartmouth, then they should have proven it on the field and on the scoreboard when they played them(and by the way, Yale is 1-9 vs Dartmouth over past 10 years).

And if Cornell pulls an upset on Dartmouth this weekend then credit to their players and coaches. I hope Dartmouth comes away with the win, but Cornell always plays Dartmouth tough.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: What if Grooms was the QB instead of O’Conner.?

Author:
Ivy wanna be
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:00 11/11/21 Thu

Not taking anything away from Dartmouth, GG got emotional and kinda what D’Mouth does. You get all defensive on speculation or what if’s. Sounds like a little brother having issues.? IDK, hey Dartmouth has Yale’s #. Who knows , what will happen. ?
But as stated before , THE TEAM SEEMS TO BE RESPONDING TO GROOMS AS THE QB. Period!!
Also Yale , is and extremely young team. Barring any transfers, Yale will be loaded next year. Go Bulldogs, Go Big Red.!!
Vroom Vroom with Grooms

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: “Vroom, Vroom with Grooms”

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:45 11/11/21 Thu

Love it! Sounds like a New York Post front page headline.

[> [> Subject: Re: Jake's power rankings

Author:
Old Lion (Dartmouth)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:02 11/14/21 Sun

In response to Bandit, this Columbia fan does not disparage Dartmouth, and while there are a few other Ivy teams for which a large number of my fellow Columbia fans bear some animosity, Dartmouth is certainly not one of them

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.