VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Okay

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:44:30 11/12/21 Fri
In reply to: Travis 's message, "Re: Cornel freshman QB Jameson Wang article." on 14:08:10 11/12/21 Fri

I certainly appreciate your perspective.

I will be curious, however, to see what you have to say when Penn's Aaron Jones starts producing on the field and some articles get written about him.

:)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Okay

Author:
Travis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:00 11/12/21 Fri

You'll have to excuse me. I am not familiar with Aaron Jones' story. Is he related to the Packers' running back Aaron Jones? I am assuming that the Packer is not old enough to have a child in college.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Okay

Author:
Smdeagles10
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:26 11/12/21 Fri

Aaron Jones is a freshman running back UPENN signed. Was all state in Maryland and had a bunch of offers. He was committed to Towson and we were able to steal him at the end. Big time get for us. Aaron was born deaf. Has a wonderful story. I was expecting him to step right into the rotation but didn't happen for whatever reason. In hindsight we should have played him.....but that's another story for another post. Anyhow he will tear up the league once he gets on the field. Google him...will be a tremendous success story for the league.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Okay

Author:
Travis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:23 11/12/21 Fri

Wow, fantastic.

Of all the many many inspiring stories among athletes, I find the ones involving personal physical handicaps the most moving. Athletes like Jim Abbott and Shaquem Griffin. Penn's Aaron Jones would fall into the same category. You can only imagine the ridicule that Abbott, Griffin and Jones faced as young athletes in elementary and middle school. Children of that age can be almost sadistically cruel to fully abled kids, let alone those with obvious handicaps. Talk about Adversity University. The handicapped kids enrolled in first grade.

I am quite confident that Jameson Wang faced some, perhaps a lot of, taunting in elementary school, especially if his family was still in Western New York prior to moving to Southern California. But Go Green, surely you are not equating Wang's challenges to those faced by Abbott, Griffin and Jones. That's what you seem to be implying.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.