VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: how about D POY

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:34:19 11/18/21 Thu
In reply to: Hanover Plain 's message, "Ivy Offensive Player of the Year" on 13:06:15 11/17/21 Wed

my vote is for D's Jalen Mackie

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: how about D POY

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:17 11/18/21 Thu

Over Jeremiah Tyler??

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: yep

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:20 11/18/21 Thu

stat sheet
https://ivyleague.com/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2021

[> [> [> Subject: Re: how about D POY

Author:
Two Cents
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:36 11/18/21 Thu

I think the 2 finalists for Defensive POY should be Jalen Mackie and Jeremiah Tyler. Mackie has 86 tackles compared to Tyler with 55. I would give the nod to Mackie based on how each played in the D-P game, as well as vs Harvard (arguably the 3 best offenses in the league). Mackie had 13 tackles vs Princeton and 11 tackles vs Harvard. Tyler had 4 tackles vs Dartmouth and 12 vs Harvard. Both great players.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: how about D POY

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:43 11/18/21 Thu

Clay Patterson should be in the discussion as well. He's among the FCS leaders for sacks.

My gut is that the finalists will be Mackie and Tyler. But still one more game to play.

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:58 11/18/21 Thu

With all due respect, you can't use those numbers to compare. If you have been watching Princeton, Tyler drops back into pass coverage in almost all passing situations except for a rare blitz. This is going to decrease his number of tackles. He is one of the reason's that sans Brown's Perry, Princeton's pass defense has been excellent.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I have no doubt you're correct, but...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:23:50 11/19/21 Fri

... that sounds pretty similar to the argument that Derek Kyler can make as well. Dartmouth's system doesn't allow him to put up big numbers either.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I have no doubt you're correct, but...

Author:
Hanover Plain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:51 11/19/21 Fri

I think we can pretty much settle this argument by saying that the “Dartmouth QB position” (Kyler passing and Howard running) is PoY.

😀

Author:
Old Lion (Mackie)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:17 11/18/21 Thu

Mackie is a fine player but Hollingsworth did carry him for 5 yards into the end zone for a TD. One of the greatest displays of strength by a runner getting the better of a LB that I have seen in years.

Author:
Old Lion (Thor)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:05 11/18/21 Thu

Most feared DL in the league-reminds me of Warren Sapp; I am hardly a Harvard booster but Thor is only a freshman and could not be blocked one on one.

Author:
Lurker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:38 11/18/21 Thu

Agree. Clearly the most fbs-quality player i saw all year. IL interior offensive linemen better be working out hard next 3 offseasons!

Author:
2-cents worth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:50 11/19/21 Fri

Harvard's 2-deep online suggests they will have 7 of their 8 defensive Front Four returning in 2022.

Author:
Lurker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:36:56 11/19/21 Fri

Their entire 2deep is littered with fr and so

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:50:32 11/19/21 Fri

it's not the D that worries me it is the return of the top three RB's and 2 QB's. They will IMHO be the favorite next yr but too early for that. We will have all winter and spring to speculate.

Tmrow is going to be interesting, weather a bit nippy but for the league's sake I would love to see the bowl close to capacity, at least 50k plus

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:33 11/23/21 Tue

Tyler and Mackie were both named as one of 25 finalists for the Buck Buchanan award.

https://theanalyst.com/na/2021/11/stats-perform-announces-25-fcs-finalists-for-2021-buck-buchanan-award/

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.