VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
NYCblue
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:28:53 11/20/21 Sat

I had a feeling Columbia would lose.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: giving up so quickly

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:50 11/20/21 Sat

Come on Man

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: 13-0 Cornell - Come on man

Author:
NYCblue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:42 11/20/21 Sat

Told you they were going to lose.

[> Subject: Cornell 10 Columbia 0

Author:
NYCblue (knew it)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:46:15 11/20/21 Sat

[> [> Subject: tied

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:35:57 11/20/21 Sat

ah Ye of little faith....

[> [> Subject: You're so, so right, and you knew it, all along!

Author:
Valmas (Steaming)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:27 11/20/21 Sat

Now why don't you try to find something to do with yourself, at least till the game's over (, since to you, it already is over)?

[> Subject: Re: Cornell 13 Columbia 13

Author:
ungvar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:36:37 11/20/21 Sat

O ye, of little faith.

[> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:13 11/20/21 Sat

Cornell was running the ball really well going up 13-0 and then we went back to Dance & Prance football. We just threw our third pick by three different QB’s.

Author:
Lurker (Martha in the house)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:18 11/20/21 Sat

Bitter cornell football fans prayers answered. Martha leading cornells great band at half

She seems very engaged from where i sit

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:24 11/20/21 Sat

Columbia now up 34-19 after 4th pick of the game. Very disappointing after going up 13-0 in the first quarter and now it's more than a two possession game in the fourth for Cornell to come back.

[> [> Subject: Re: Columbia 34- Cornell 19

Author:
Red Ivy (Depressed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:16 11/20/21 Sat

Looks like last place Ivy finish for us.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Columbia 34- Cornell 19

Author:
Old Lion (Ugly win?)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:00 11/22/21 Mon

I would take an ugly win over an artistic loss every day of the week and twice on Saturday. there is no such think as an ugly win and no points are awarded for artistic losses. In the great Parcells years with the Giants most of his wins were ugly.

[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
Roar Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:55 11/20/21 Sat

Happy for the win, but what a terrible game. Will the two teams get 300 yards of penalties? Inexcusable in a game 10 with 90 seniors on the two teams. Shabby discipline, does not reflect well on either staff. Add to that at least four drops of routine balls by CU ...

That said, playing three QBs is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Thank goodness Archer just kept rotating them.

And Bryson Canty is the real deal. Excited about his future.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0/final score 34-26

Author:
Leonidas (7-3)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:42:59 11/20/21 Sat

Not a pretty game, but congrats to the Lions and their coaches for coming from behind on the road against a hungry opponent. And it's great to see a 7-3 season record and a 4-3 Ivy record.

[> [> Subject: Re: Columbia 34-Cornell 26

Author:
Red Ivy (Doubly depressed)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:50 11/20/21 Sat

So, stick with Archer. 21-59 over 9 seasons. Last place Ivy finish and a 2-8 season in 2021. All seasons below .500. Over 50 returning seniors who leave the program with nothing to show for it. There are no more excuses. He is no longer a young coach who we have to give time to develop. If he doesn’t get fired , he should at least resign for the good of the University and football program.

[> Subject: Question...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:07 11/20/21 Sat

Why was Columbia wearing their home blues?

Is that now a thing for the Empire Bowl like UCLA-USC?

[> [> Subject: Re: Not an answer, but ...

Author:
Washington Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:57:37 11/20/21 Sat

Those were throwback jerseys, unveiled (along with helmet numerals) at Homecoming to honor the 60th anniversary of the 1961 co-champions, and worn again against Harvard and, today, Cornell – the return of Columbia Blue. (When Bagnoli arrived, he introduced a darker (more Penn-like?) shade for the standard uniform.)

Don’t know why they wore the Light Blue in Ithaca, but the blue-red contrast looked great.

Anyway, congratulations to you and Mrs. Go Green on your football and rugby champions. It’s all about the fun.

Author:
Old Lion (Turn around)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:45:06 11/20/21 Sat

We were sluggish but turned it on when it mattered. We started to win in the trenches by the third quarter. Not pretty but still convincing. Canty will be a great one next year.

[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:51:40 11/21/21 Sun

Terrific back to back wins, coming back from early deficits. Fabulous season.Yes, it would have been nice to vie for the championship, but there's a long history here, and Columbia fans can be mighty proud of a winning record in the league and overall 7-3, and a three out of four winning seasons under Bagnoli (with 2020 being cancelled). Joe Green had an excellent year, especially considering he is essentially a rookie. Congrats for Lions recruiting folks that picked him up as a transfer.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
Old Lion (Green)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:48 11/21/21 Sun

Joe Green was originally recruited out of high school by Columbia. He took a scholarship from San Diego State but was injured and never played. As a result he has three more years of eligibility. While technically a transfer he really started his college career at Columbia. I understand that he had not played a game since high school, which was two years ago. Only three interceptions is pretty remarkable.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
cadyellow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:26 11/21/21 Sun

Anyone know who might fill the shoes next season of CU RB's Ryan Young and Dante Miller, who are both graduating?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell 7 Columbia 0

Author:
Old Lion (Ty’son Edwards)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:24:54 11/21/21 Sun

Saw some action this year; excellent player.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Joey Giorgi, Nicolas Nesbitt, and Hollingsworth should be in the mix, too.

Author:
Valmas (Sizzling)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:53 11/22/21 Mon

Gabe Hollingsworth should have an expanded role, running the ball. And there's a mature student athlete/ running back, whose name escapes me now; this young man also served two years as a Mormon missionary on the Asian continent.

[> Subject: Re: Cornell never had a RB rush for 100 yards in 2021.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:39 11/21/21 Sun

As many of you know, I am a big fan of the running game. I think this season was the first where a Cornell running back never rushed for 100 yards all season. Wildcat QB Jameson Wang however did rush one game for 101 yards in our loss to Brown. I think the number one problem with Cornell football zero offensive identity. It's almost like on game day our coaching staff throws spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks and that's about it.

[> [> Subject: Re: How long will it go on at Cornell

Author:
Red Ivy (Had Enough)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:56 11/22/21 Mon

3QB’s in many games this season. No running back to get over 100 yards in a season. How can Archer and his offensive genius Villipiano go on with this garbage at Cornell. Please resign and do everyone a favor.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: How long will it go on at Cornell

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:45 11/22/21 Mon

Red Ivy............I have no idea what will happen this off season, but obviously changes need to be made, as we're losing many of our best players to graduation. At the very least Cornell needs an experienced offensive coordinator going into next season as Villapiano has been a disaster.

[> [> [> Subject: Start here...by emailing all 3, I just did

Author:
Cornell '97
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:28 11/22/21 Mon

andy.noel@cornell.edu
ryan.lombardi@cornell.edu
president@cornell.edu

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Start here...by emailing all 3, I just did

Author:
Lurker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:31 11/22/21 Mon

Dear martha. Thank you for your enthusiastic attendance at final game. Great fun seeing you conduct the band

[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell never had a RB rush for 100 yards in 2021.

Author:
Big Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:48 11/22/21 Mon

Archer was a bad hire and has been a disaster. Andy won’t fire him, and if he does, we’ll just get another bad Andy hire. Andy’s contract goes until the end of this school year, which means the football alumni get the middle finger for another year. I’ve been a proud CU football alum for a long time, my teams had lots of success, and I believe we can win again there. But I’m done with this.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Thank God Andy Noel is gone at End of Year

Author:
Red Ivy (😃 Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:19:19 11/22/21 Mon

Best News I’ve heard in a long time. If Andy Noel is done at end
of year, David Archer will only have one more left. They are joined at the hip. Next AD at Cornell can’t possibly put up with the level of losing Archer has maintained. Also loyal Cornell Football alums will be back and not be given the middle finger.

Author:
bandit
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:38 11/23/21 Tue

I can only hope Andy gets fired! For the most part, the department's overall success has all but disappeared, with some exceptions....but football simply put awful. All those seniors and nothing but losing to show for it. At least the life lessons of fighting through adversity, sticking with a commitment and hmmm...losing with dignity was learned. Well done Coach Archer. Please resign.

[> [> Subject: Re: Only 1 more year of Andy left

Author:
Red Ivy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:25 11/23/21 Tue

Well put Bandit. Andy Noel has brought the Cornell athletic department to an all time low, especially football. He is intransigent with his ridiculous hires. Only a matter of time until he screws up Wrestling and Hockey. Good riddance to him at the end of 2022.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.