VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Reflections

Author:
Grin and Bear it
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:47:47 11/21/21 Sun

It was the worst of times, and there certainly wasn't anything best about it. Being a Brown fan this year was painful. And after waiting two years, it hurts even more. I thought I was being realistic in hoping for a 4-6 campaign, but I wound up feeling lucky that we actually won two games. In most games, Brown was out of the running by the end of the first half. And as you watched the defense get pushed around like a rag doll, you knew the second half was only going to get worse. Through out the year coach Perry tried to put the best face on it. He is a coach, and I guess that is what coaches are suppose to do. But he wasn't fooling anyone. If anything, the team regressed from two years ago. Oh Yeah, E.J. Perry was great and the Brown Sports Information office made the most of it to take away from the team's failures. But this grew tiresome. Watching Dartmouth manhandle B on both lines, it was evident what the problem was. Yet, I never once heard anyone associated with the team say, "Right now, we don't have the personnel to play in this league." Would such a comment be dispiriting to the team? Probably and I guess that is why it was never said. But it was true and would have been welcomed as a sign that the coaches were being realistic. Perry's last comments yesterday were along the lines of, "we are young, we will get better as we mature." Some how that rung hollow. Since there was no season last year, all the teams are relatively young. Yesterday, D's defense won the game as I am sure they won every other of the 9 games D won. And this stands to reason, offense scores points, defense wins games. Perhaps I am being too much of a pessimist, but Coach Perry instilled absolutely no confidence in me this year, and next year is a long ways away. It will be a long, cold, winter.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Reflections

Author:
Smdeagles10
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:34 11/21/21 Sun

As a UPENN fan.....I feel your pain.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Reflections

Author:
Red Ivy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:15:34 11/21/21 Sun

Brown fans at least you got hope with a young coach who has won an Ivy title and has some very good coaching experience behind him. Cornell has no hope. We are stuck with David Archer who never win anything as player, nothing as an assistant coach on poor Cornell teams and has had 8 consecutive losing seasons. His highest Ivy finish was a tie for 4th in 2019. Brown fans it will get better for you at least you got a guy who can run a program and coach.

Author:
Ivy Inquisitor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:09 11/21/21 Sun

Last September mentioned that EJ Perry was good enough to carry the offense but excepting him to carry the entire program is too much to expect. I thought QB Perry was good for two extra wins and the Bears would finish at a respectable 4-6. I would think recruiting should improve because the teams are assisting them with the admissions process and there’s going to be roster turnover. That’s true for more competitive teams as well. Penn had it’s worst conference performance in 40 years! I feel fortunate to be critiquing a completed season-that’s better than last year . 2-8 is what Brown could do with Perry then they likely will be 0-10 in 2022. So often when a team is successful people will say “ they battled thought adversity” and “ they’re good kids” . Both of those statements are true about the 2021 Brown team. A disappointing season won’t take that fact away from them.

Author:
Memphis Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:04 11/21/21 Sun

As matters are configured today, it appears that, next year, the League will see another dogfight among HYP plus D, with Columbia again playing the spoiler role. Realistically, there seems to be little hope for Penn, and even less for Bears and Big Red.

Author:
Old Lion (Bagnoli factor)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:07:31 11/21/21 Sun

Hopefully with a winter in the dome and spring ball, plus some really good first and second year players and stability at the QB position we can be more than a spoiler. And Al is a great coach.

Author:
CU_88
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:00 11/21/21 Sun

With the loss of the 5th year seniors (and the 4th year seniors) injuries will be more of a factor next year (I suspect the 140 man rosters may be cut down a bit).

Author:
Old Lion (Spring ball)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:46 11/21/21 Sun

Without Spring ball Al and his staff were unable to evaluate two full classes until the start of Fall practice. I think that put us at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the league, since we had no idea of what we had with what is now the sophomore class until September.

Author:
Old Lion (Spring ball)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:51 11/22/21 Mon

Without Spring ball Al and his staff were unable to evaluate two full classes until the start of Fall practice. I think that put us at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the league, since we had no idea of what we had with what is now the sophomore class until September.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Reflections

Author:
Woodsman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:48 11/22/21 Mon

Dartmouth was missing over a third of its team during spring practices. With that being said, Columbia deserves kudos for coming together the way they did this fall. Congratulations!

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.