VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The Way Forward for Bruno

Author:
Bengal
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:33:58 11/24/21 Wed
In reply to: Moonbear 's message, "Re: The Way Forward for Bruno" on 11:33:15 11/24/21 Wed

Success starts with recruiting: coaches' identification of players who will improve the program and convincing them their school is the place to go, cooperation from Admissions in timely evaluations and favorable responses, being able to match aid if that is a factor.

I figured Estes was on the way out, and knew it, when he was quoted as saying, "I am a good coach with good players" or something close to it. I wondered then how about 100 guys on campus would take that remark. But the more important issue is, is Brown getting those good players? Of course, how they are coached and how coaches design and call games is also crucial, but that won't matter enough if the recruiting factor is a minus.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Interesting Stat

Author:
Brown Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:47 11/24/21 Wed

In Ivy play, Brown's defense allowed the opposing offense to score on 50 of 96 possessions by my count. If we take out the short possessions at the end of the first half and the "kill the clock" possessions at the end of the game, the figure probably is closer to 50 of 85 possessions or close to 60% of the time. It's hard to win games that way no matter how good the offense is.

I'm confident Perry will turn this around, but the defensive collapse this year was stunning.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.