VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: 1991 says hi!

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:46:43 11/25/21 Thu
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "I agree with BW" on 15:44:34 11/23/21 Tue

The Howard v. Kyler debate is pretty similar to the Nick Crawford vs. Jay Fiedler debate for first team quarterback in 1991.

Crawford was a very good I-Bone quarterback for Yale. He ran over 1,000 yards. Yale rarely threw, so I'm sure his passing numbers were unimpressive.

Then-sophomore Jay Fiedler put up great running and passing numbers for the Ivy champs. For whatever reason, the voters gave Crawford first-team All Ivy QB and Fiedler second team. Not the way I would have voted, but hey-reasonable minds may differ.

Here, Kyler's getting screwed is a problem entirely of Dartmouth's creation. The two-QB system is extremely effective and we won a lot of games with it. But guys are going to be left out or shortchanged on All-Ivy teams. Just a tough situation...

Should also point out that Jon Aljancic in 1996 didn't get All Ivy either. And I'd have a hard time believing that he wasn't a great leader either....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: QBs

Author:
ivy guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:09 11/25/21 Thu

I am sure that Kyler and Howard are gracious with their teammates and know that that combination of running & passing QBs was key to a Dartmouth championship season. Both are gifted athletes.

EJ Perry is a special talent and leader. He is worthy of the accolades he receives, despite not having a strong OL to protect him that other teams enjoyed.

Thanksgiving blessings to all you guys!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: if Kyler doesn't get it

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:22 11/25/21 Thu

it's the referee's fault

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.