VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Wake Up The Echoes -- Of Dartmouth-Princeton

Author:
An Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:09:40 11/25/21 Thu
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "I agree with BW" on 15:44:34 11/23/21 Tue

I agree that Kyler was the logical choice for first team. I also concur that his omission was likely a product of Dartmouth's two-quarterback system. But that would only explain a hypothetical outcome of Kyler being passed over for Perry or Smith or anybody from another team.

That Kyler was passed over for Howard might be telling.

Keep in mind that coaches in any sport in any conference rarely vote in a vacuum.

I feel comfortable saying that, in most votes conducted by head coaches, the coaches first hold a conference call to discuss their own players with their peers. So in a case where a team might have an excellent offensive line with more than one individual worthy of honors, a coach might say to his peers, "The one who has made the difference in my opinion is Player A, even though Player B is also excellent." Then the other coaches at least know how the guy closest to the situation feels.

I don't know if that is how it works in Ivy football voting, but that is the default process in many sports.

So before Bruce Wood, Holtsie or GG go on any more tirades about the injustice of it all, I suggest that they do a quick check with Teevens to see if he had any input into how his peers voted.

All this complaining right now feels a bit like GG bitching about Surace changing the Princeton finale opponent from Dartmouth to Penn, before we found out that it was in fact Teevens who initiated the change from Princeton to Brown. Before you complain about how other coaches voted, talk to your own.

In either case, first world problems.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Wake Up The Echoes -- Of Dartmouth-Princeton

Author:
observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:50:13 11/25/21 Thu

The real question is what would Fred Dutton think?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Wake Up The Echoes -- Of Dartmouth-Princeton KYLER WAS LUCKY

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:37 11/25/21 Thu

Fred Dutton would think, "Derek Kyler was lucky to be named second team all-Ivy. Every thinking fan knows that, when two players are named first team all-anything, the next player to be honored is honorable mention, not second team. It's only a function of a lucky tie on the first team that Kyler is second team. He should be HM."

[> [> [> [> Subject: Would be curious

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:12 11/25/21 Thu

Would be curious to know what Dutton thought of Perry being named first team all ivy in 2019 as a qb when Rawlings was named a unanimous first team guy the same year.

:)

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Would be curious

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:44:30 11/25/21 Thu

Fred Dutton would think, "You know, even with all the fancy degrees, between Rawlings/Perry and Howard/Perry/Kyler, these Ivy League people aren't very good at math."

[> [> Subject: Have to disagree

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:21:59 11/25/21 Thu

He was the glue that held the team together. When the do a remake of Cool Hand Luke he will play the starring role

Howard should have made first team as RB not QB

His legacy in Dartmouth football history is safe however bc he was part of the greatest single play in D football the Harvard 2019 Hail Mary after escaping disaster twice before getting off the throw
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dartmouth+harvard+Hail+Mary

Besides as I stated earlier it's the ref's fault

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Have to disagree

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:42 11/25/21 Thu

You can't disagree with me because I agree with you.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.