VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Ivy Basketball

Author:
RITE AID MAN
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:40:31 11/28/21 Sun
In reply to: Penn Nation 's message, "Ivy Basketball" on 11:55:14 11/26/21 Fri

Yale will not be in the hunt for the league title this year. Why no inside scoring no big man to rebound and score. Yale will live and die by the three this year and next.No big men being recruited by Yale next year either Bad loss today to Stony Brook the team and coach should be embarrassed the way they played.Good comeback but get use to it this is the way yale will play the season out.The entire league has bigs that can play Yale may be left in the dust this season.I wish them well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Never worry about Coach Jones being left in the dust.

Author:
Valmas (Sizzling)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:03 11/29/21 Mon

The man's won over 300 games and headed to the Hall of Fame, for sure- can't possibly be judged too harshly on the basis of a meaningless Saturday afternoon non-leaguer in November.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Ivy Basketball

Author:
Ghost of 1968
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:20 12/02/21 Thu

I wasn't the one proclaiming two untested freshmen as the "next..........". If you can't stand the heat for jumping to silly conclusions..............

[> [> [> Subject: NEVER wrote that word,next. Distort my comments to soothe your lack of self esteem,Columbia hater!

Author:
Valmas (Sickened)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:42 12/02/21 Thu

You lack the testicles to ever put your name to your self serving, smug and unsubstantiated remarks. Furthermore, you're out here using at least two different handles. If you're so desperate for communication with me, put your true name out there; email me; (or, better still, forever more hold your peace!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NEVER wrote that word, but you compared them to.....

Author:
Ghost of 1968
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:44:43 12/02/21 Thu

You compared these two to Ricky Free and one other Columbia great, what a fool! Go back and read what you wrote....

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: You ADMIT I never wrote "next", but you STILL put the word in quotes, because......

Author:
Valmas (Steaming)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:15 12/02/21 Thu

you're just a trolling Columbia hater of low self esteem and even lower testosterone level.

THIS was exactly what I wrote:

"Liam Murphy and Geronimo delaRosa are as outstanding a pair of freshmen basketball players as we've seen on Morningside Heights since the days of Alton Byrd and Ricky Free (circa, 1975)."

And I went on to mention that Byrd and Free were playing freshman, not varsity, basketball when they were of the approximate ages that delaRosa and Murphy are today. If I offered a comparison, it was obviously at the freshman level. This was written in the spirit of offering some positive reinforcement to two modern day players, working on their craft during a worldwide health emergency- something that Messrs. Byrd and Free never, and fortunately so for them, had to face during their formative years.

Regrettably, your hatred consumes you; offers you no chance to demonstrate any credibility to humankind; and just caused you to make a totally inappropriate inference.

As long as you lack the courage and basic decency to properly identify yourself, simply take your leave NOW, and I don't care if you bother to tuck your tail between your legs or not!

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: You ADMIT I never wrote "next", but you STILL put the word in quotes, because......

Author:
Ghost of 1968
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:43 12/03/21 Fri

Sure sounds like a ridiculous comparison ("are as...") and to put that kind of pressure on kids after a handful of games shows your ignorance about basketball. Properly identify myself? LOL, that's the beauty of these message boards. Let's hope the Lions can pick themselves off the floor of the Ivy League (only based on a small sample, see how that works?) and win some games. I'll be watching for your next hilarious basketball comment.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Hilarious, only to one like you, who finds it natural to offer up as hominem attacks, isn't it?...

Author:
Valmas (Sickened)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:28 12/03/21 Fri

As natural, in fact, as the breathing process, itself, when one's as much of a gutless, hateful, trolling miscreant as you surely are!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Huh?

Author:
Ghost of 1968
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:13 12/03/21 Fri

No hate, but as an educator, we always look to educate. Glad we could help you on Hamidou's PSAL background and Rutgers' difference from last year's team. We'll keep trying......

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Columbia Hater: any real educator's about WHAT is right......

Author:
Valmas (Steaming)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:57 12/04/21 Sat

You're just a spiteful, self referential, cowardly, worm; obsessive about creating an ILLUSION of being right as a cover for your gross insecurity. And for the final time, the parameters of this board do not permit consideration of Hamidou Diallo's junior varsity high school basketball statistics or Rutgers University's ranking in the top 30% of Ken Pomeroy's current Division-1
men's basketball teams listing- You may find an appropriate audience for those subjects; but it's not here, Columbia hater.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.