VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Roar: I know you're right about the talent base; hope you're right about the wins potential.

Author:
Ghost of 1968
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:12:25 11/28/21 Sun
In reply to: Valmas 's message, "Roar: I know you're right about the talent base; hope you're right about the wins potential." on 23:26:03 11/27/21 Sat

Mr. Valmas, you have some legit points here, but please. The Lions have a legit point guard prospect and a possible front line player in Murphy, but to put these two, after 5 games in a class with two of the all time greats is utterly ridiculous. Ricky Free was a first team All PSAL player at Boys HS, Alton Byrd a dynamic guard from California. This reeks of Columbia false hope, as usual. Look at the depth of this roster. Luke Bolster, for all his energy and leadership, wouldn't see the court for any of the Top 5 or 6 teams in the league. The other role players have yet to show they'll be contributors. You won't learn much from a game against Lafayette, you learn over a 12 game, non-league span, then you face a lot of good coaches in the league. When they start to take away a player's strengths, then you see how players hit the second gear to bring something else to the table. You're looking at possibly a 6th place finish, at best.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ghost: great points, and you're actually MORE of an optimist than I am!

Author:
Valmas (Sizzling)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:30 11/29/21 Mon

Ghost:
Best stuff you've written; and I hope you're right about about a sixth place finish, because I'm looking at 0-14 and eighth- don't know how you recognize me as a promulgator of false hope?

And I loved Ricky Free (a PSAL product like, myself) and Alton Byrd. However, in 1975, when Byrd and Free were College freshmen, both were consigned to a full season of freshman basketball. Liam Murphy and Geronimo delaRosa have already played seven full VARSITY games; including one against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent. And delaRosa's, conservatively speaking, eight inches taller than Byrd was- just about as fast, and a better outside shooter, finisher at the rim and defender; while Murphy's ready, right now, to show the Ivy League why he was all New York Catholic High School League in 2020.

I also happen to think tonight's Lafayette game will serve as a measuring stick of sorts. If you expect to beat any of your Ivy opponents this season, at least at home; you'd better be able to beat Lafayette, at Levien, in late November!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.