VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Building my team with a good Fullback

Author:
Lurker
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:25:11 12/09/21 Thu
In reply to: Sprint66 's message, "Building my team with a good Fullback" on 11:53:14 12/09/21 Thu

Something i have been pondering: many Olines (especially OTs) play every snap from 2 point stance. Why not use down and distance to dictate whether to use 2 or 3 pt stance. You can run block and pass protect from either with 2 pt being easier to pass pro.

Just seems that a big OT can get more movement on a DE from 3 pt. Which in turn will slow down their pass rush in other running down/dist thereby negating the 3 pt pass pro disadvantage

Gonna be along winter if these are the things i am already pondering

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Building my team with a good Fullback

Author:
ivy guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:41 12/09/21 Thu

I agree with Sprint
The use of a fullback, big tight-end, H-back in the backfield, or 2-3 blocking tight ends (aka "heavy package") is underused in the IL.

Also, QBs taking the snap under center, and the off-side interior linemen looping around to push the ballcarrier forward--something that was not allowed until recent rule changes.

Not every team has the personnel to run a consistent grinding running game. But using these schemes can be effective as a change of pace, or to run out the clock. With the new OT rules, having these skills in the playbook is essential.

Finally, it takes a coaching and player commitment to establish and dominate the line of scrimmage.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.