VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Penn OC fired

Author:
Bengal
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:22:15 12/16/21 Thu
In reply to: Acob 's message, "Re: Penn OC fired" on 21:50:53 12/15/21 Wed

Acobber: Are you referring to a Md. offensive position coach? The last OC now in NFL was getting over 800k when he left Md. Position coaches around 375k, at least some of them. Potentially as significant as you say, of course.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn OC fired

Author:
Acob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:01 12/16/21 Thu

Bengali. Present Coach

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn OC fired

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:41 12/16/21 Thu

Ok, thanks for the head's up. Be very interesting to see what develops here.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn OC fired

Author:
Asiasunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:18 12/16/21 Thu

I share your skepticism

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Penn OC fired

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:20 12/16/21 Thu

Assuming a position coach at Maryland is the ideal choice, I would guess you would need a fortuitous set of circumstances to get him. I don't know Ivy football salaries, but I assume even if Penn raised its salary level for him, he would be taking a pay cut in order to become a coordinator. Penn would have to be willing to raise at least the DC's pay too, I assume.

The Md. assistant would have to believe that an Ivy coordinator position is a plus for his career ambitions -- you don't always get the opportunities that are ideal in a timely way, and sometimes never, so this may be attractive. See Norries Wilson comment when he took the HC job at Columbia. But I would think that his first HC opportunity after that would not be big-time and he would need to be ok with that. And maybe he would be, HC jobs at any college level are not easy to come by and not always attractive when the do open. See Al Bagnoli turning down Columbia way back in the day.

As far as Penn coughing up bigger bucks, I have long thought that the Administration there considers football and men's basketball (maybe wommen too, now) as first among equals if not a notch above their other teams in importance. So, depending on exactly how much we are talking about, perhaps not that much a stretch?

The DP reported in the mid-90s that alumni put together a $500,000 annuity for Bagnoli; I have seen no independent confirmation but it would not be surprising. When Carmody demanded more money from Princeton, my third hand information from a very reliable source told me alumni came up with the money. So, we will see how this turns out.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.