VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The Limitations of the star system and recruiting

Author:
Drew2411
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:18:22 01/11/22 Tue
In reply to: M3 's message, "The Limitations of the star system and recruiting" on 07:41:27 01/11/22 Tue

Funny - I had a different takeaway from last night. Stars matter…those 2 teams have by far the most 4 and 5 star recruits, especially the latter. Not even really close vs any other schools in country. While the qb was a no name everyone around him was at least a 4 star, with many 5 stars.

Rich get richer.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: The Limitations of the star system and recruiting

Author:
JR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:01 01/11/22 Tue

Totally agree. I thought Michigan had a chance against UGA but the talent and recruiting is at another level at UGA and Bama, and it showed on the field. I think maybe 3 Michigan players could start for UGA or Bama on O and D combined.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: The Limitations of the star system and recruiting

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:04 01/11/22 Tue

Jimmies and Joes, baby. Georgia and Alabama have 'em.

That said, the story of Stetson Fleming Bennett IV is truly fantastic, the rare exception which allows us to cling to the hope every man stands a chance. He's listed at 5'11" -- I'm a seller there.

The way he left Georgia as a walk-on to enroll in junior college, that's a twist you rarely see. Wonderful tale of grit and persistence.

The way he bounced back after the fluke fumble call was a microcosm of the way he has faith in himself.

By the way, I agreed with the call on the field. Obviously, right on the knife's edge. Was the ball out of his hand by the time his hand started moving forward? I would have had no problem if the referees said it was an incomplete forward pass, but were it up to me, that's a fumble. The ball was fluttering upwards by the time his right hand began moving forward.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.