VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Justin Waston cut

Author:
Ivy Inquisitor
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:47:15 01/16/22 Sun

Yesterday the Buccaneers cut Wharton alumnus Justin Watson. He is one one of the better kick off coverage players and was a part time possession receiver. Watson has spent the season on IR . That may have led to that decision.I hope the doesn’t get lost in the free agent mix. He reminded me of Seahawks Alex Banister. He made the transition from D-1AA WR to a Pro Bowl ST.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Justin Waston cut

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:03:43 01/16/22 Sun

What's the point of cutting at the start of the playoffs a player who has been on IR all season?

I assume that Watson got paid his full 2021 salary if he was on IR.

But now he probably misses out on playoff money, as well as the possibility of calling himself an NFC champion or Super Bowl champion if the Bucs get that far.

I understand that, if the Bucs win it all, Tim Murphy will make Watson a Super Bowl champion ring.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Ivy Inquisitor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:28 01/16/22 Sun

Watson won a Super Bowl last year. He could be a candidate for the upcoming USFL and by next summer he could be in a NFL team’s training camp.

Author:
foehi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:39 01/17/22 Mon

I hear that Watson ran afoul of Brady after running a couple of routes that displeased his majesty. Not a good place to be.
Hope somebody picks him up. He's a versatile and talented athlete.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.