VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob

Author:
MFK
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:48:25 01/18/22 Tue
In reply to: Bengal 's message, "Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob" on 13:58:54 01/18/22 Tue

Absolutely agree that it's WAAAYYYY to early to crown Berube as the best coach at Princeton. There have been numerous coaches on the women's side alone that have accomplished way more than she has. As you mentioned Chris Sailer and her three National Championships certainly trump what Carla has done so far. And speaking of Carla, Carla Tagliente has led the Tigers to three final 4s in her time here. Cara Morey has also taken the hockey team to another level. For those of you that don't know hockey, the ECAC may be the strongest conference in the nation. The Tigers won their first ECAC Championship in 2020 and had a reasonable chance to win a national championship. Women's soccer has also had significant achievements under Sean Driscoll, winning multiple NCAA games and advancing to the quarter finals.

Much was made about Carla's Tigers getting a win over a top 25 team earlier this year. Getting wins over ranked teams is old hat for the afore mentioned teams. IN fact hockey, lacrosse and I believe field hockey all have multiple wins over teams ranked #1 in the country. Not sure Berube's going to be able to do that.

Also, as to the recruiting. I'm not quite sure what is meant by historic but the leader of the lacrosse team this year was a National Player of the Year and Coach Morey brought in a player who was considered the no. 1 recruit in the world and is with the Canadian Olympic team at present. Field hockey had a freshman who was a first team all-american and have an incoming recruit who I believe led the nation in scoring. To my knowledge, Berube hasn't recruited anyone like that yet.

I'm not trying to knock Coach Berube. She has certainly erased all anxieties and doubts for Tiger fans, who are thrilled to have her, as to where the program was headed with the departure of Courtney Banghart and her teams are terrific and fun to watch. Just saying, she needs a few years at least to see what she does before you can even include her in the conversation of best Princeton coach.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob

Author:
H Dallmar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:54 01/18/22 Tue

Berube will announce her historic recruiting class no later than May.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob

Author:
MFK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:39:39 01/19/22 Wed

Enlighten me. Why is it historic? Because she has two top fifty recruits coming in next year?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob

Author:
HDallmar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:34 01/20/22 Thu

Just the tip of the iceberg.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Joisey;HD; An Ob

Author:
MFK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:19 01/20/22 Thu

OK. Then I eagerly await to see the iceberg.

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.