VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:52:31 12/17/04 Fri
Author: wiutsuoru
Subject: Southern Utah and Mid-Con

Southern Utah was also denied membership into the Big Sky. They are quoted as now wanting to stay in the Mid-Con for all sports except football, where they will stay in the Great West.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Southern Utah and Mid-Con -- wiutsuoru, 12:19:54 12/17/04 Fri

As you can see, I'm off these few days, the wife is working, so I have some free time. Location was mentioned by the Big Sky for denial of these teams-travel etc.

Can't help but think that is part of Western's problem regarding interest from other conferences.
Too bad Macomb can't do something with their airport to allow some charter planes to arrive. Don't a lot of teams fly into Peoria, then bus to Macomb? I'm not sure of the travel time from Peoria to Macomb. I know Quincy can handle large jet aircraft, takes abot 1 hour and 15 minutes to Macomb- I believe.

I just don't know how Mid-Con teams arrive. GFC can bus from most areas. I believe Mid -Con tams bus from Chicago. ORU has said their worst trips aren't to SUU,Oakland or IUPUI, the other schools require large amounts of travel time- even with flexible scheduling.

Also, this SUU support of the Mid-Con will last only until they see something else.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.