VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:37:19 01/16/05 Sun
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: Re: tivo
In reply to: wiutsuoru 's message, "Re: tivo" on 11:03:52 01/16/05 Sun

With TV coverage, talent, and wins, comes interest!!! Hopefully some of the suburban kids that go to school at WIU watched the ball game last night. One of my former students who is currently attending WIU came to see me last week and I asked her if she had seen the team play! Her comment, "no, I heard they are not very good." Of course she had tailgated and attended every football game in the fall. I think the secret is out about this group of kids. This game against Valpo should be a "pack the Hall and have a Ball" night type of thing. Maybe they should keep track of how many students from the different dorms come to the game and then give them pizza at some point! A good product will attract more people. These kids are really good! I mean, they are good! They are only gonna get better and better. Not sure that 15 wins is possible anymore, but I would really hate to be seeded against the Necks in the tournament. With some momentum this year they can sell themselves as the "greatest show in town" next year. I know all these close games are tough, but the light is at the end of the tunnel. It is easier to sell "hang in there" to a bunch of young kids then to alot of older ones. Lewis and Baez are seniors. Baez is playing for the NBA, and Lewis definitely wants to play. These two can definitely help to put the future in place. This is the year we turn the corner!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: tivo -- Leatherhead, 11:53:59 01/16/05 Sun

It will be interesting to see how much difference in attendance there will be with next Saturday's game against Valpo. An ORU poster made an interesting point: if last night's game hadn't been televised, we probably would have won (no replay available).

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: tivo -- Neckfansince71, 12:10:38 01/16/05 Sun

I totally agree with that! It was so close, its almost like we had to go to "Fermi Lab" to get the results. Thomas was ticked but really handled it with class with a little help from VanAlstine. I just took alook at the tape again. Right call! Just too bad it had to be made. If I am a member of the athletic department publicity staff, I am selling next Saturdays game like crazy on campus and in town. There is absolutely no reason why you can't get 5,200 people in the Hall for D1 basketball. Especially at the level they are playing at. The screech you heard last night is the "NECKS" turning the corner!!! Think I will graph the attendance from now on just too see where it is going. DR. Tim did it with football, he can get it done with bball too!

Still would like to see the drawings of the baseball facility, not those darn computer renderings that are on the baseball facility website. I know the backstop wall will be up this spring at some point, I think they are still looking for money for the rest. Ah for a winning lotto ticket!

jc

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: tivo -- wiuato, 07:16:57 01/19/05 Wed

Was in Macomb yesterday 1/18 and the baseball facility has no new changes since batting cages. If the new wall is to be up ny spring they better get moving because as it looks now, there will be nothing new done yet.

Yeah, I though the hall lokked great also. They finally got rid of those hanging baskets on each end and replaced with movable baskets, now if they get rid of the ones at the sides the place will look even better. I am not really sure why the administration keeps the upper bleacher seats on the team side folded? I know they figure to keep the sparse crowd down low but it looks really bad folded up, even empty the bleachers rolled out would look good and like a d-1 facility. I will say that the Hall looks great on TV and like an acceptable facility. I have always liked the intimacy and with a few more upgrades and changes here and there like new lower bleachers on both sides in purple and possibly eliminationg the railing or atleast a new one. I thought 2 huge curtains behind the end leachers to hide the empty yellow backgrounds would look nice, moving the ROCKY balloon closer to the court so he could be seen better, and get rid of the yellow/flesh tone paint in the place. A darker color like purple, grey, or black and maybe some graphic accents would be better, I have always hated the yellow. Also, I think a new scoreboard has been discussed.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: tivo -- Neckfansince71, 16:07:24 01/19/05 Wed

Again, I definitely like the direction things are going. E-mailed VanAlstine and asked about the baseball stadium project and lockerroom. The basketball lockerroom is pretty much done and according to a volleyball player I talked to at the Chicago State game, it is really nice, in fact it maybe nicer than either women's facilities. Expect activity only on the field this spring, meaning games. Looks like stadium work, ie. backstop and stadium to begin when the season is over. He said that the stadium will not be the largest in the conference seating wise, but it will be one of the best as far as facilities. Everything he has touched has turned out classy and well done, so I am anxious to see the baseball project stands and pressbox construction start. The best part is the Thompson Hall webcam is pointed in that direction so it will be pretty easy to keep track of things from Wheaton.

jc

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.