VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:20:28 02/08/05 Tue
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: Growing pains I guess!

Last night I just had that strange feeling that it was going to be a tough night for WIU athletics, and boy was I right. The Necks gave IUPUI everything they wanted and then some, right up to the final minute of the game only to again loose a close one by 3. The Winds never did get it going at Oral Roberts. Just a tough night all around. Read Coach Thomas' quotes and can't blame him for being frustrated with these scores. But this is the kind of season when you are going through growing pains. I can't say the same for the womens team and think that this is the year to go to the show if it is going to happen although Teilane is coming back next year, but the team will be awfully young. As far as the Necks are concerned, just learning how to finish seems to be the answer. The IUPUI coach was right on when he said, "we just know how to win the close games!" Well, very soon we will too!!! Ten wins this year still would be a big turnaround! Especially who and how we have played. I hate to continue to be "Pollyanna" but I think the corner to be turned is near. And honestly, let Czepeda redshirt. That will give us another two years with him in the paint!!!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Growing pains I guess! -- RockyBDog, 15:45:39 02/08/05 Tue

My sources tell me Cepeda is not eligible for a redshirt, since is has played in 8 games and started 6. >:-(

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.