VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:05:59 03/13/05 Sun
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: This just can't be any fun!

Initially it seemed like a good idea. Arkansas LR, Texas Tech, Tennessee Martin just for fun, Arizona State, LSU, Arizona State again, oh I forgot Oklahoma for three, and Alabama A&M. Hyman said this was the year to break out.....and yet the Necks are currently 4-12 and especially against TenMartin, not playing that well. So it this schedule really helping us??? Softball, even after a nice start is also struggling and after the women's basketball debacle, I am not feeling all that good about this year of WIU athletics.

I am also surprised that no one has mentioned in a while that we have not gotten a QB transfer for next year. Guess OToole is going to be the man!!!! Any thoughts Neck buddies!!!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: This just can't be any fun! -- Leatherhead, 22:50:30 03/13/05 Sun

A rough early schedule didn't hurt Oakland's basketball team in the end. Could the baseball team do the same against ORU?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This just can't be any fun! -- wiuato, 07:52:47 03/14/05 Mon

Baseball & Softball will be alright. I never expected WIU to get auto bids in these sports anyhow so why not play against the best(in most cases) and make a run in the Mid-Con.

As for Football, it is still early. Many guys come out after spring ball and summer so there is still hope for some immediate help at several positions. I do not know much about O'Toole but if the NECKS struggle again like last year with mediocre talent at key positions games are not the only thing they will lose. WIU has spent many hard fought years of winning to win over a respectable and dedicated fan base and as we all know, 2 sub par seasons in a row with no sign of improvement could be disasterous on the attendance. All I know is they cannot be seriously looking at LaFalce to be the guy again, if so Coach P better have his train ticket punched early out of Macomb. If LaFalce is so valuable with his speed and quickness then put him at DB, no more experimenting at the QB position. PLEASE!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: This just can't be any fun! -- Neckfansince71, 16:43:41 03/14/05 Mon

Both of you have spoken good sense!!! I guess even an old guy can get impatient. I think Patterson has done a really good job this year with recruiting. And, Crane went after some really good talent and the future remains bright. The main thing is, no one is going to bend over backwards to let WIU win!!! I know there were some fans along the way that did not necessarily like the way I coached. Crane is pretty hardnosed! I like that!

jc

ps. The football coaching staff is still in tact and will be ready to go. Attendance will not be a problem because the Necks will be back!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: This just can't be any fun! -- wiutsuoru, 17:37:58 03/14/05 Mon

Did you say Coach Crane was pretty?hardnosed? or both?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: This just can't be any fun! -- Neckfansince71, 17:52:19 03/16/05 Wed

I will take "pretty" and hardnosed!!! You make me laugh!
jc

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.