VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:32:20 04/13/05 Wed
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: Re: Can the MidCon ever move up?
In reply to: wiutsuoru 's message, "Re: Can the MidCon ever move up?" on 16:00:32 04/13/05 Wed

The track athlete you are referring to is Aubrey Martin jr.who finished 6th this year in the shot put at the indoor NCAA's. Rob Pfank also finished 10th in the weight throw and should do even better in the hammer throw outdoors. Mike Stevenson has slowly but surely improved both the mens and womens track teams. Chris Adams is also doing quite well in the 200 and 400. The girls are also led in the distance events by Sarah Swain. WIU also has a pole vaulter who is really improving.

I agree that WIU has done quite well against other Illinois schools in track and field, baseball, and softball.

The problem with the MidCon seems to be the distance between the top and the bottom from a pr standpoint in basketball. I know Stan Hyman has scheduled an unbelievable schedule for baseball, but when you are up and coming you have absolutely no choice.

So lets say WKU leaves the Gateway for the MidAM. That would allow North Dakota State to step into the Gateway and the MidCon!!! Why not! I like that better than IPFW.

All I know is, next year I am going to have an eye in the sky living in Baylis Hall, my number 2 offspring who is definitely into athletics and will be a great fan. Can't wait for her observations!!!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.