VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:31:14 05/03/05 Tue
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: Its a shame, but Westerwinds are still hot!

I am really happy to see the Westerwinds hitting on all cylinders in Coach Veroni's last season at the helm. The new lockerroom is just another step in the right direction for AD Van Alstine and WIU.

But it is truly a shame that on Feb. 27th, the organizers of the Tulsa Tournament forced WIU to play in terrible weather which resulted in the season loss of Karem Ferguson to knee surgery and a forfeit to Colorado State, even though all the other games after this one were cancelled. What a crock! I know that Veroni was not happy with the decision to play the game and she had to have been even hotter over the injury to Ferguson.

So now the Winds have the chance to clinch the championship at Southern Utah with 3 wins. They have a share with 2. What better way to go out for Coach Veroni. A tournament championship and NCAA bid woudl be the icing on the cake.

jc

VanAlstine will be looking for Veroni's replacement soon. How about Holly Killion, I know she coached at Iowa for a number of seasons.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Its a shame, but Westerwinds are still hot! -- Mole54, 05:52:02 05/04/05 Wed

Look for the new WIU softball coach to come from outside the WIU family. I think the administration is looking to go in an entirely different direction and with no previous ties to the program. plus, it will have to be someone with previous head coaching experience. Killion strikes out on both counts although she is a great person who could make a fine coach someday.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Its a shame, but Westerwinds are still hot! -- wiuato, 13:14:56 05/04/05 Wed

I thought possibly a replacement to be considered would be Venus Taylor currently the head coach at Bradley. She was a great player at WIU and is in the Pro league and is doing a decent job in turning around the Bradley program. Also she has some really good ties I would imagine in the softball ranks. Plus on a side note, she provides eye-candy to us guys, she is really HOT-HOT-HOT!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Its a shame, but Westerwinds are still hot! -- wiutsuoru, 15:46:18 05/04/05 Wed

Bring Venus on!!!!!!!! If she gets it, I'll need to watch a softball game-or two next year!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.